What Does A Grow Cost?

Awesome post @Old Salt .
there should be more posts about this. when i started i had no idea what it'd cost, and the addictive element of learning a new hobby and discovering new and different equipment or methods in itself can be costly. I've spend a bundle on pots, bags, buckets, net pots and jugs of all kinds only to end up growing in coco coir LMAO.

and that's just that part of it. i have 4 led lights not in use ( YET ) because i've upgraded to cob leds over the past 6 months. now every time i see a quantum board set up i have to just close my browser and slap myself in the face real hard. I have 3 tents now, using one as a mother tent and might get a continuous grow going soon, but my buddies think i'm crazy now lol.

But, I was spending about $400 / month online for weed. I really like to smoke. so my initial cost had to stay low because i still needed to buy weed online waiting for my first crop. but as soon as i was smoking my own instead of shelling out hundreds / month i started buying more and better equipment for the grow.

I might have gotten a bit carried away but i'm happy with my set up and the cost even in the thousands will come back to me in no time. not to mention you can trade weed for stuff. I recently traded a good friend an oz for a surge protector lol.

Best way start out small, get a crop then add on with your savings if/as you see fit.

I have never really considered much about the cost other than set up. The rest just ends up a cost of living thing. Which is as it should be. Growing is as much a part of my life as anything else anymore.

Hey 42O I hope all is good. This is a great read Old Salt thank you for putting it up. I am North GTA and in Ontario our hydro rates r outrageous to say the least. In my flower room 2 lights at 12/12. One is a HLG 550V2 and a 1000 wattSS HID as well as a 6 inch extraction fan and a 5 inch booster intake fan and a 16 inch air king. My res for this room runs 2 pumps one for a feed and one for a chiller. This room in equipment has cost somewhere in the ballpark of 2500 to 3000 bucks CAD . In veg there is a 400 watt HID and a 8 bank LED. Also in veg a 4 inch extraction fan and 2 small rotating fans and a small pump to fill the flood and drain table. This room has around 1000 to 1500 dollars worth of equipment. Oh ya and one ph controller for flower(450)and tri meter for veg.(300). The cost to run everything from hydros end is about 170 to 200 bucks a month. I know the set up cost has been heavy for me but I have put all this stuff together over many years and when they put up my hydro rates I grow more plants lol. As well as me and my wife smoke 1 gram of shatter a day and I can generally convert my 8 + plants in flower to around 75 grams of concentrate every 2 months. 75 grams of concentrate = well depends on who you know lol. I am with @Jackalope on this one for us growing is a big part of our life. I know I have missed some stuff but long and short here. Again thanks for putting this up Old Salt. :Namaste:

I just noticed something. Nothing ground breaking or anything LMAO. The daily cost difference between Hydro and soil is enough to keep me from changing. Trying now to lower my bills. I never really considered the power factor to running hydro stuff. Like I mentioned after the initial cost I really don't pay much attention to the price. I would like lower power bills for the future. I don't so much need it now. I will in the future. I want to be running as cheap as I can 5 years from now.

Getting better
20190807_185028.jpg

Back
Top Bottom