What does KUSH mean?

Saturn

I'm aware of Sativa and Indica and many hybrids in between but where does KUSH fall into?

:peace:

I'm aware of Sativa and Indica and many hybrids in between but where does KUSH fall into?

:peace:

I guess there are so many Kush's ...some guys roaming around the world found some of the weed that grows in the Hindu Kush mountains. It has become a genetic anchor for many of the strains we know today ... much like Skunk #1 was the last 2 decades and still has a strong influence today.

Kush has also taken on another meaning. In some places in the States ..good weed is simply called Kush.... but sounds like Kooosh

Kush is Indica. Often times breeders will cross pure landrace kush strains with other strains to increase yield and try to breed desirable traits into their kush lines. Usually it means it is a landrace strain from the Hindu Kush "zone". People in this area do not usually smoke cannabis plants but hash instead and have been growing hash in these areas for hundreds, possibly thousands of years. This is one of the reasons I believe Kush is so desirable as a medicinal strain. People have been growing the choicest plants for generations. This is an area around Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iran. Hindu Kush translated literally means "Slayer of the Hindus" because men and animals accustomed to the warm climate of Northern India would die from cold and exposure in great numbers when they would travel to the Hindu Kush mountains. As far as whether Kush is an Indica or a Sativa I would say its a pure Indica unless its been crossed with another strain like a Sativa.

thanks.

I too think it is an over used term like chronic etc.

I do appreciate the input!. :thanks:

Kush could be from several places. There is Kush like Chitrsl which is from Pakistan. Then there are strains from Mazar-i-Sharif. I am no expert on the origins of landrace Kush but I believe some of the best Charas (hand sieved hash) come from Nepal, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Northern India. Many of the strains that grow well in the Hindu Kush zone grow well in the Pacific Northwest. The generally can hold up to more fertilizer before showing signs of overfertilization and can take much cooler and wetter climates than a lot of tropical varieties such as Haze and strains native to spain.

Back
Top Bottom