What does 420 mean?

best story i heard was that the American Cancer Society had a anti smoking campaign in which they encouraged everyone in the states to quit smoking for one day, on a particular date. They called it "The Great American Smoke Out" and the day was April 20th.

I read a article somewhere that attributed it to some highschoolers up in Sacramento. It seems to me though that my friends and I were saying before they were out of grade school.

In california the State Bill that the legislate passed to enact what was voted for in prop. 215 is State Bill 420.

i am high

Your one short of 421 and one over 419. shit all this math is hurting my head nut, I thinks I need to get stoned and forget about all this math nonsense...

I've heard all the stories about 420 and that wiki covers what's important.

What I want to know is this: I see a lot of people begging at street corners these days. A number of them have put "4:19" on their cardboard sign. What the heck is that?

:peace:

"The anniversary date of two events: the confrontation between Federal agents and the Branch Davidians in Waco, Texas in 1993, and the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing carried out by Timothy McVeigh. This date is sometimes used as a tattoo by anti-government racists. "

I'm not totally sure about the racist part, But i haven know it to be used as a symbol of government distrust and hatred.

oh. i thought it meant ppl were begging for weed when i read that... like "if i wasn't poor, it'd be 420, but now it's only 4:19." okay maybe not. lol

In the early 70's it was "The Waldo's", of San Rafael High, smokeout session time after school. it also became unofficial San Rafael police radio code for pot smoking in progress...and not necessarily meant for citizens...hint, hint.

IE,
"Calling all cars, calling all cars! 4-20 at the Mt Tamalpais parking lot.-Over."
=
"Calling all cars, calling all cars! -I just busted a longhair with some sticky icky kind. if you want some before its all gone , meet me at the Mt Tam parking lot ASAP ! -Over."

Back
Top Bottom