What is this bug?

ksabrinaj

bug17.jpg

This is a short spring grow. I live in No. California and this is my second year. Last year I only did the summer grow, but this year I'm doing the spring as well. These little bugs did not show up in the summer grow last year.

There are maybe 25 - 40 on several plants. It looks like they are leaving little black spots on the leaves. Maybe eggs or ????.

:thanks:

bug17.jpg

This is a short spring grow. I live in No. California and this is my second year. Last year I only did the summer grow, but this year I'm doing the spring as well. These little bugs did not show up in the summer grow last year.

There are maybe 25 - 40 on several plants. It looks like they are leaving little black spots on the leaves. Maybe eggs or ????.

:thanks:

Looks like a cock roach.

Not a very clear picture, but I know that little bugger (just got rid of them myself) It's a root aphid. This variety has 3 stages of life. The first are hatchlings that are ground dwellers, they like to stay in the dirt and dig to the moist roots, the second stage they develop little "nubs" at the rear of their bodies (these eventually become wing tips) That's what I'm seeing in the second picture you posted...and they seem to like to move up the main stem to feed on the leaves. The third stage well.... They fly lay eggs and die. I literally had to go to the grow shop with a magnified pic and research it with the guy for over an hour ,online because most aphids are almost clear in color and that is what kept throwing us off. Anyway I opted to kill them with an inexpensive spray cleaner that didn't work, and they got worse, so I bought the heavy duty $50 version and that seemed to do the trick. Bug free for 45-47 days :) Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom