What is you all-time favorite strain?

Grapefruit Diesel
Genetics : Mostly Indica, Grapefruit, Diesel.
Generation : F1
Flowering period : 55 days (i usually go 75 days)
Mature Height : 2 - 6 Feet
Recorded THC Content : 15 20%
Yield : Up to 400 grams per square meter
Breeder : Next Generation

Screenshot_2014-11-10-09-18-43.png
Screenshot_2014-11-04-22-55-47.png
Screenshot_2014-11-04-22-58-51.png
Screenshot_2014-10-29-09-23-08.png
Jack herer
Genetics: off the top of my head ...I believe 50 percent haze and then a uneven split of northern lights and skunk.
Flowered for about 11 weeks
I trained and topped and yielded like 13 ounces of some great bud.

for flavor, jack herer. for effect, aurora indica. but, these are just the results of what i have tried. a hard qwestion, for anyone. i have some ice in flower, that i have some hopes for.

Grown
Chocolate fondue
UK Exodus Cheese X Chocolope
DNA genetics
Regular seed
80% sativa 20% indica
Breeder says 21% thc. I hit 26.6 (see strain test result thread)
Kinda has a piney smell mixed with Like an Applewood
Tastes very cocoa ish like a coffee kinda with cream and sugar.

This is my best grown in 17 years however I'm dealing with 2 dozen plus genetics of which a dozen are fairly new.
ANL27416-25x-200x160.jpg
ANL27416-50x-200x160.jpg
DSC_03988.JPG

As for smoked when I was a teenager I was "borrowing " smoke from my parents hidden stash. And the rumour was it was called p13. Supposed university of Washington strain. Doubt that story holds much water but that shit was so sticky you could throw it and it would stick to a mirror or Window. And was cured well too. Smelt similar to the cat piss strain. That's the closest I've found to it since Ive been growing medically

Grown
Chocolate fondue
UK Exodus Cheese X Chocolope
DNA genetics
Regular seed
80% sativa 20% indica
Breeder says 21% thc. I hit 26.6 (see strain test result thread)
Kinda has a piney smell mixed with Like an Applewood
Tastes very cocoa ish like a coffee kinda with cream and sugar.

This is my best grown in 17 years however I'm dealing with 2 dozen plus genetics of which a dozen are fairly new.
ANL27416-25x-200x160.jpg
ANL27416-50x-200x160.jpg
DSC_03988.JPG

As for smoked when I was a teenager I was "borrowing " smoke from my parents hidden stash. And the rumour was it was called p13. Supposed university of Washington strain. Doubt that story holds much water but that shit was so sticky you could throw it and it would stick to a mirror or Window. And was cured well too. Smelt similar to the cat piss strain. That's the closest I've found to it since Ive been growing medically

I was hoping you'd pop in on this thread :thumb:

I think I am gonna give a go at this strain next. You did an amazing grow man.

i forgot to add that one of my grapefruitdiesel mothers that i put into flowering after cutting off it for a year and a half, in a 5 gallon bucket yeilded 9.25 oz.'s. i know that people do get more than that, but for me that was the biggest indoor plant i ever grew. still havent broke that record with any other strain i grew.

grown
chocolate fondue
uk exodus cheese x chocolope
dna genetics
regular seed
80% sativa 20% indica
breeder says 21% thc. I hit 26.6 (see strain test result thread)
kinda has a piney smell mixed with like an applewood
tastes very cocoa ish like a coffee kinda with cream and sugar.

This is my best grown in 17 years however i'm dealing with 2 dozen plus genetics of which a dozen are fairly new.
anl27416-25x-200x160.jpg
anl27416-50x-200x160.jpg
dsc_03988.jpg

as for smoked when i was a teenager i was "borrowing " smoke from my parents hidden stash. And the rumour was it was called p13. Supposed university of washington strain. Doubt that story holds much water but that shit was so sticky you could throw it and it would stick to a mirror or window. And was cured well too. Smelt similar to the cat piss strain. That's the closest i've found to it since ive been growing medically
bomb!

My fav, grown and consumed is .... OG18.

It is great to grow, inside and out. Outdoors it is tough, bug resistant, not nute hungry, drought resistant. Grows to be 12 foot Christmas trees. (Had to cut down a grow of 50 of them with an electric chain saw - base was 12 inch diameter in most of em). Cola's the length and breadth of my forearm. Got nearly a pound of dried flower offa each. Indoors, it is equally tough and resistant to bugs. Trains easily in a SCROG grow, only need three or four plants to a 4 x 8 table and each table produces 3.5 lbs flower under two 600wt lights.

Smoking is a mild almost citrus or pineapple flavor. Feeling is weak and relaxed, ready to sleep. Not much in the way of munchies, but does cause a bit of dry mouth.

It is my favorite 'in for the evening getting ready to go to bed' smoke.

~ Auggie ~

Name : Northern Lights
Genetics : ?
Fem or Auto : fem
Seed Bank (if applicable) : nirvana
Indica/ Sativa/ Hybrid : hybrid
THC % : ?
Flavors : fruity, smooth but yet a full body smoke with a good head high & a touch of body.

The Origins of Northern Lights

Sensi Seeds Northern LightsNo other indica plant besides the legendary G-13 has accumulated such widespread recognition and fame as the Northern Lights Afghani. The original Northern Lights plants were pure indicas but later hybrids were released with a bit of Thai Sativa in their pedigree. This probably accounts for the fruity taste and great, almost psychedelic, high that this plant is known for today. Although most of the subsequent plants were bred towards an indica expression, there are still sativa phenotypes popping up now and then as a reminder of the genetic history of the plant.

Making its way from the Pacific North West to the Netherlands in 1985, the Northern Lights arrived in the possession of Neville Schoenmaker. Neville was the owner of Holland's first cannabis Seed Company known as The Seed Bank, which later was renamed Sensi Seeds under new ownership. According to the most credible source; Northern Lights was originally bred by a man known as “The Indian” on an Island near Seattle Washington in the United States. Some also claim that the plant originated in California before ending up in the hand of this mysterious man from Seattle but there is no conclusive evidence to support this. Apparently there were a total of eleven plants that were labeled Northern Lights #1 through Northern Lights #11. Northern Lights #5 was said to have been the best of the bunch, with Northern Lights #1 coming in at a close second. The original Northern Lights plants were described to be true breeding Afghanis with extreme indica characteristics. They were dark green in color and very stable, with a high flower to leaf ratio while sporting a piney taste and purple hues in flowering. They were also known to be highly resinous with a THC percentage over 15%, sometimes higher.

Original Northern Lights #5 CuttingThe story goes that all the various Northern Lights plants that were given to Neville Schoenmaker at the Seed Bank were female clones. Soon after, many new plants showed up on the Seed Bank list, including several different Northern Lights strains. This is where the history begins to get a bit hazy. How exactly these new seeds came to be is unclear but apparently Neville Schoenmaker used the plants that he got from the Indian to create new hybrids by further crossing them to some males of Afghani origin. He might have acquired them from the same source as the females but the Northern Lights males were never labeled, so their history remains unclear. The best guess is that Neville Schoenmaker created the new seeds by further hybridizing and inbreeding the plants that he acquired from the Indian to his old stock. Northern Lights #1 was described as a true breeding Afghani IBL (inbred line), suggesting that it contained none of the Thai Sativa that was later incorporated into some of the Northern Lights strains. At what point the Thai Sativa was infused into the genetic lineage is however unclear. Most likely it was bred into the Northern Lights #2 hybrid at some point. Regardless of their origin or genetic makeup, two particular males labeled Northern Lights #1 and Northern Lights #2 are clearly mentioned as the fathers of many new plants in a Seed Bank catalogue from the 1980’s. Northern Lights #2, a wonderfully potent Northern Lights #1-Hindu Kush hybrid, is still offered by Dutch Passion under the name Oasis. There is also some Northern Lights #2 in Aurora B from The Flying Dutchmen.

Dutch Passion Oasis - Northern Lights #2The two Northern Lights males fathered several potent and exotic hybrids that included the notoriously potent G-13 female as well as Big Bud, Skunk #1, Hash Plant, Haze and Swazi, among others. One of the more noteworthy unions from this time was the Northern Lights #5 x Northern Lights #2 hybrid, which now no longer exists. The only strains from this collection that are still available at Sensi Seeds today are Hash Plant, which is made up of one quarter Northern Lights #1, as well as G-13 x Hash Plant, Black Domina and Big Bud with a slightly smaller portion of the same Northern Lights genes. Four-Way is also one quarter Northern Lights although it does contain some Cannabis Ruderalis, so it might not be the best choice for everyone. It might however appeal to the outdoor grower looking for auto-flowering or fast flowering varieties. The original Lowryder was also partly made up of Northern Lights #2 for those interested in the history of auto-flowering outdoor cannabis strains.

Sensi Seeds Hash PlantThe genetic lineage of the various Northern Lights plants quickly becomes confusing since the entire line is diverse but also closely related and inbred. However, the Northern Lights #5 clone, which was considered the most superior plant of the bunch, was apparently never sold in seed form and must therefore have been the only unaltered version of the original plants. The pure Northern Lights #5 Afghani indica was used to create several outstanding and potent hybrids in combination with many of the strains that The Seed Bank had to offer at the time. Although many of these Cannabis Cup winners are now extinct, some are still available in seed form today at Sensi Seeds. These plants are also the closest relatives to the glorious Northern Lights #5 mother that Sensi Seeds has to offer. Most notable of these strains are the Northern Lights #5 x Haze, Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1 or Shiva Skunk, Silver Pearl and last but not least; Jack Herer, the main ingredient in the now legendary Cinderella99. The glorious Jack Herer is a superior plant that forms a union between the three most important building blocks of modern cannabis strains; Northern Lights, Skunk and Haze.

Name : Lapis Mtn Indica
Genetics : Afghan Kush
Fem or Auto : regular from seed
Seed Bank (if applicable) : Cannacopia
Indica/ Sativa/ Hybrid : 100% Indica
THC % : ?
Flavors : earthy/hash/bitter cocoa/coffee/incense
a great med strain for pain/sleep/anxiety/panic attacks/stress/nausea...a real creeper, potent & heavy
a few of the phenos ive encountered
IMG_299815.JPG

IMG_299917.JPG

IMG_30258.JPG

100_23602.JPG
CIMG06491.JPG

Grown
Name : CoCa
Genetics : Columbian, Californian
Fem or Auto : Regular
Seed Bank (if applicable) : Grower/Breeder I know
Indica/ Sativa/ Hybrid : Sativa Dominant Hybrid
THC % : Unknown
Flavors : Smooth Fruity Kush Taste

Smoked
Name : Kool-Aid Kush
Genetics : Unknown or Undisclosed
Seed Bank (if applicable) : Same as Above
Indica/ Sativa/ Hybrid : Indica Dominant Hybrid
Flavors : Smooth Tropical Fruity Taste on Inhale, Smooth Mixed Berry Taste on Exhale

Forgot to mention the stuff my connect has for his personal... He hasn't finished stabalizing it yet so all info isn't available, which is why i didn't class it but it's definately worth a special shout out.

Name : TBA
Genetics : Unknown or Undisclosed
Seed Bank (if applicable) : Breeder/Grower I know
Indica/ Sativa/ Hybrid: Hybrid
Flavors : Mango, Mixed Berries, Grape.. Basically it's a tropical orgasm for your tastebuds

Name : Amnesia Lemon
Genetics : Skunk #1 x Amnesia Haze
Fem or Auto : Fem
Seed Bank (if applicable) : Barneys Farm
Indica/ Sativa/ Hybrid : Hybrid
THC % : 20,5% + 0,7% CBD
Flavors : Lemon, Lime, overall a sour taste. Also some sweet flavor

That "p13" could have been "G13"

Other rumors say G-13 was developed by the University of Washington's Cannabis testing facility for medical testing during the 1970s

G-13

for flavor, jack herer. for effect, aurora indica. but, these are just the results of what i have tried. a hard qwestion, for anyone. i have some ice in flower, that i have some hopes for.

Ice is one of my favorites. My wife is growing one now. It is about 5 or 6 weeks veg. Probably go another 2 before I have room in the flower closet.

Back
Top Bottom