What PPM should a natural water source very rich in Ca and Mg be diluted with RO down to?

triangle

Hey all

I live in a part of Canada where our groundwater is extremely rich in Ca and Mg naturally, and I'd like to utilize this in place of synthetic CalMag additives. However, natural PPM is 350 out of the tap.

RO water works perfectly in bringing this down as low as needed with simple additions, so my question is, what is the ideal PPM for a coco and soil grow, both? I'm experimenting with both.

I figure the soil is much more flexible but would still have an upper limit before it calcifies. And the coco is probably much more important to keep in check.

I have meters and would like assistance, thank you!

Hi! I found this from 2016

1660970910144.png

Pretty good on Ca and Mg. And the Na and Cl aren’t too bad either. Looks like your hardness is from carbonates and bicarbonates, which have little effect on the plant. If you dilute it with RO, you would probably have to add some CalMag.

Pretty good on Ca and Mg. And the Na and Cl aren’t too bad either. Looks like your hardness is from carbonates and bicarbonates, which have little effect on the plant. If you dilute it with RO, you would probably have to add some CalMag.

That's amazing!! You think I should just use it after I run it through the dechlorinator ? Even if it's a higher hardness @ 350ppm or so ?

I live in a rural area full of farmers who grow massive fields, I guess I should've expected it should be mostly OK right from the tap as I'm sure they are not treating it before spraying acreage

Thoughts about these numbers ? After bubbling for 24 hours ppm was 102 and ph was 7.4 I fed them some yesterday and they seem to be fine

Sounds good if you are in soil

If you’re in coco, you should adjust the pH into the 5.6-6.0 range.
I phd the water down to 6.0 to 6.5
My soil is a mix
Bottom third roots organic w 16 oz super soil and top two thirds is roots organic with mother earth. Been phing around 6.5

Back
Top Bottom