What's the best way to mount CFLs inside this small Sterilite Cabinet w/ power strips

Buddy McNugs

Hi all, I am new to the forum and working on my first grow and am trying to figure out the best, easiest, and safest way to mount my CFLs inside with power strips. I am building out my cabinet using a Sterilite Storage Cabinet from Walmart with dimensions of 26"(W) x 18"(D) x 36"(H). Here is a picture of my cabinet:

21772.jpg

This cabinet is only being used for Veg. I would rather not hang the CFLs since the cabinet is made of plastic and I'm not sure how well screws will hold in it. I am thinking of doing a simple frame using PVC pipe or thin wood(1x1 or similar for legs with a 2x4 across top). Basically I want to do legs on the left and right sides of box(at edge to minimize how much space the legs take up, then attach a beam across the top that I will hook my two power strips to for the CFLs to go in. Basically 4 CFLs per power strip for a total of 8 CFLs in the box. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Re: What's the best way to mount CFLs inside this small Sterilite Cabinet w/ power st

is that aluminio foil, if so. Let me tell you how kool and smart I thought when I wrap a space with it. Later came to realize that I have made the one of the biggest newbe mistake by using it. In a small space the best reflective surface is white. About the lights look up a way of using a multiple plug outlet and sockets that connects to it. not sure how to explain it well. look into my cab you might get the idea of what I'm saying.

Re: What's the best way to mount CFLs inside this small Sterilite Cabinet w/ power st

Hey thanks for stopping by and for the advice. The reflective material inside the cabinet is mylar. I have actually already mounted these lights using an HPS hood and power strips. I have some pictures of it in my Grow Journal. Seems to be working pretty well so far. I will take a look at your grow, always looking to learn more. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom