When do you start nutes?

Red-Cricket

Hey Friends, My plants are about 2" tall...and are very compact. (3) weeks old. It looks like they are on their 4th set of leaves..they look good.. just transplanted them to 6" pots. Got the Fox Farms (3) bottle kit...can anyone help on "when" to start and how much to use for best results? TKS Red Growing Big Bud .....PH is good .....good soil...on 24 hr light

It depends on the soil you are using. Good soil like Ocean Forest can keep your plants fed for a month easy. Or home made organic soil mixes can keep your plants fed for a coupld months.
I would say you are probably safe to give them a little nutes but keep it low at first and build up.
Most people only go 1/8-1/2 of what the bottle says to give them
Do you have a ec, tds, or ppm meter by any chance?

Hey Jake, Thanks for your help. My soil is 4 pt topspil...1 pt peat moss...1 pt vermiculite.. 1 pt perlite...a "successful" mix for indoor growing (as the thread go's) this my 1st indoor grow. I have 1 plant about 6""(bagweed/practice) LOL. the other 6 are Big Bud, they are about 2" tall. I was just wondering if there was kida guidlines on plant height when nutes should be started. THANKS ALL!

Good call on the bagweed seed. I did the same thing before getting some "good" genetics. I tried out a bunch of strains but have settled on 2 strains that are very hardy and forgiving LOL

I have heard of people going off of the number of nodes to determine when to start feeding but I dont personally. Not that its wrong but I just dont have a system for it. It really depends on the strain though..
Some sativas are really sensitive to nutes and will burn easy where as some can take 3 times more nutes and love it.
Indicas seem to be more forgiving with temp changes also which keeps their nute intake more stable, from what I have seen at least.

I should say Im no expert and learn new things all the time. I have only been growing one year. I need to get some pictures on this sight also.

Hey Jake, Thanks for your input. Im kinda just watching and starting out slow. Im growing Big Bud and some KC-39 ..(.my free seeds). The do seem to like vitiman day...LOL. What strains are you using? Been outside but this is my 1st time indoors. Thanks for your time. Red

Very nice Id like to see how the KC turns out. I havent seen any grown

White berry is my favorite strain its from paradise seeds. I love the nemesis from seedsman seeds too.
I got some white berrys and a purple strain that I found one seed in a bag going right now.
septflowers_005.jpg

Mmmm white berry

Very nice Id like to see how the KC turns out. I havent seen any grown

White berry is my favorite strain its from paradise seeds. I love the nemesis from seedsman seeds too.
I got some white berrys and a purple strain that I found one seed in a bag going right now.
septflowers_005.jpg

Mmmm white berry

nice im interested in growing whiteberry also...does anyone know when to start nute in dwc?

It depends on the soil you are using. Good soil like Ocean Forest can keep your plants fed for a month easy. Or home made organic soil mixes can keep your plants fed for a coupld months.
I would say you are probably safe to give them a little nutes but keep it low at first and build up.
Most people only go 1/8-1/2 of what the bottle says to give them
Do you have a ec, tds, or ppm meter by any chance?

Take this mans advice... he's absolutely %100 correct.

:nicethread:

Back
Top Bottom