Where Are My Organic Buddies At?

Tnt7800

Probably taking a load off while they're plant grow! I making this post to get some well educated "Organic Grower's", insight on pretty much everything.

Here some TAG's for y'all,
Composting is a must, just mind of carious how many do it?
What is you favorite Nutrient to use; what do think help of course we need almost all of them?
Also is there any LIve nutrients you use during growth?
Does anyone make special tea's, for you plant?
Rain water (acid) contain sulfar and nitrogen, do grower feel this would be pushing a limit?

There are a few people who just started vermicomposting (worm composting), and they are so far enjoying the process.

@Blew Hiller is one of the more experienced guys with worms.

I'm an organic guy, but I'm not started on the road to my own organics. I'm using NFTG soil and nutrients (if I can ever start again......long story). I do use mycorrhizae additives.

There are a huge number of guys using teas......but I'm not.

I think some of the @Van Stank group (there are more than one.......actually two) are using teas and making their own amendments, but don't quote me on that. I have a hard time keeping everyone's grow method straight. (Memory problems).

I'm sure you will fit right in here with the rest of the microbe loving people. :thumb:

Probably taking a load off while they're plant grow! I making this post to get some well educated "Organic Grower's", insight on pretty much everything.

Here some TAG's for y'all,
Composting is a must, just mind of carious how many do it?
What is you favorite Nutrient to use; what do think help of course we need almost all of them?
Also is there any LIve nutrients you use during growth?
Does anyone make special tea's, for you plant?
Rain water (acid) contain sulfar and nitrogen, do grower feel this would be pushing a limit?

I use biobizz, roots organic , mammoth p, mag/sulphate & molasses. I mix then aerate for 24hrs before feeding.

For me, organic means no bottled nutrients, and I don’t particularly care if they say organic on the bottle. But that’s me. I

To me organic is organic matter. Humus, earth worm castings, sphagnum moss. Leaf litter. Composting. All the amendments are organic matter; neem meal, kelp meal, oyster shell flour, alfalfa meal, crab shell meal, etc etc etc. Even when making teas, we are putting organic matter into water and blooming micro herds, it’s still organic matter being used.

Now I call myself organic because I built a living organic soil using organic matter, with as much local stuff as possible, but still I am not truly LOS until I compost and vermincompost.

I get good results, not amazing, but adequate. I don’t have to babysit the grow. No buying nutrients. No mixing nutrients. No buying root protectors. No testing ph. None of that BS. We are supposed to be getting away from consumerism and buying of 1000 things to produce 1. To each his own, nothing against all the other grow methods, but to me they aren’t organic unless it’s soil with no bottled nutrients. My current soil blend has a lot going on so, I stopped feeding teas and giving foliars.

If I could I would grow purely in the sun with just water. As nature intended. The days of needing to harvest massive yields because it was illegal or to make money, are over, the days of craft cannabis grown with love for personal use, are here to stay.

Yes!
If I could I would grow purely in the sun with just water. As nature intended. The days of needing to harvest massive yields because it was illegal or to make money, are over, the days of craft cannabis grown with love for personal use, are here to stay.

I agree with all positives about organic s. It’s the only way to grow.

I used to compost but it got to be too much work on top of other household thing, and the flys, and we don’t have enough waste to produce much. So I buy compost. For indoors i make aerated compost tea.

I use liquid fertilizer, such as fish emulsion or other organic fertilizer that made from natural sources. I keep my soil as alive as possible with microbes and I’m very conservative with pesticides. Growing outdoors here is a challenge to control the fungus and bugs.

I just completed my first "grow", I was determined to go organic (for a first time grower .. not a wise decision) !

Up here in Canada .. information takes a while to filter through .. so I used Earthjuice products. Big mistake, I understand that these two products (EarthJuice veg, and bloom along with Earth Blast) have been discontinued .. I can see why.

My soil had so many things added to it, that it could hardly be called soil anymore. (While using the earth juice products .. I saw large "mothers" (for those of you who are into kombucha mushrooms) .. Mothers are BAD for soil!

Right up till the final bloom stage, I had some bad ass pot growing! (Afghani Kush) - then 2 weeks into bloom... Root Rot set in.

Then the root rot set in, and man what a "downer"!

I listened to everyone's advice here, and that is the "best" advice I can give here: Don't believe every single post presented here, a lot of the growers don't know any more than You do.

I took some very bad advice here: I had root rot, but some helpful person told me to add more nitrogen.. which is exactly what my plants "DIDN'T" need.

My point is:

Listen to your plants, don't believe everything that someone posts here!

Don't expect magic answers here, it doesn't work that way.

You have lived with your plants, the "learned elders" here, haven't!

This forum is a great resource, but it's not a "one fix" fits all solutions to your problems.

Sorry to hear about your root rot. Have you done anything to fit it for next time? I would dig down and add more sand, irregular sized and some larger bits to help it drain faster. Maybe your water table is too high, in which case you may be hooped. Mushrooms, eh? That and horsetails, dead giveaway.

Composted all kitchen scraps into holes in the ground, and a typical heap too. Some plant material from the garden too. Added some peat and coco into the soil, the original soil is very sandy and it needed lots of organic material. Buying the compost into the ground worked well, just took a couple years to make it good. I also planted potatoes, tomatoes and other stuff. Got shitty sun. Beans and peas also scattered around to help put nitrogen into the soil. Dumped a bag or so of manure in there also over the years. Everything usually grows well but only have main sunshine for a few hours a day in the summer (fences, hedge).

Have to say that after harvest was over and especially now I wish I had some growing, I really enjoyed getting them along and miss nurturing those babies. Houseplants don't do it. Am looking at a tent for the garage, 3X3 setup, but all in its about 2 grand and even then I can't be sure the smell won't get into the house. Just waiting for spring....actually the end of spring since it is so cold here then.

Agreed there are no correct solutions for everyone. Diagnosing issues by internet folk sometime not great, more because you need to see it and be there. Local support would be great during a summer grow, house calls ;)

Back
Top Bottom