Where to start? Sea of green train topping

Chubbypickle

Ive searched for videos online but cant find out how the plant was transformed from its untouched (christmas tree) form to sitting sideways in a net. Do i bend it sideways tied to the pot? Or do i snip the top off after a few weeks of veg? Thanks for reading

I have the feeling that you are confusing Sea Of Green (SOG) with Screen Of Green (SCROG) with a plant that is trained to grow the way the grower wants it to.

Very few people would take an untouched Christmas Tree shaped plant and then just bend it sideways. Some might but I doubt if very many would.

If you could reference a photo of what you have seen it is possible that someone would be able to point you in the right direction on how it was trained, trimmed or shaped.

Very few people would take an untouched Christmas Tree shaped plant and then just bend it sideways. Some might but I doubt if very many would.

You just described a basic LST. :rofl:

You're right though, looks like op has names mixed up.

To the op, there are a lot of tutorials out there for SCRoG.

Here is a good start:

A good ways down the list on this awesome page is a section for SCRoG:

The above page (link list) should be in your bookmarks. There is an absolute wealth of knowledge there.

I have the feeling that you are confusing Sea Of Green (SOG) with Screen Of Green (SCROG) with a plant that is trained to grow the way the grower wants it to.

If you could reference a photo of what you have seen it is possible that someone would be able to point you in the right direction on how it was trained, trimmed or shaped.

My bad i worded it wrong. I guess after after a plant germinates where do i go from there to make it a sea of green instead of it growing Christmas style

You just described a basic LST. :rofl:
When someone mentions a Christmas Tree Marijuana plant I picture one that is already 2 to 3 feet or more tall and shaped like a cone. Don't often hear of someone with a plant like that asking about horizontal training. Usually just how to get it short so the neighbors do not see it.

There was the time last September when the farmers wife started bending all her plants over and tied them down with strips of bed sheet material. But, she was not training for more buds. She had to get the overall height back down under 7 foot.

She was going to do the plants I was growing with her crop but I just twisted the stems till I felt the woody center snap and then bent them over as in High Stress and called it good. No plants had no problems with that experience even though it was around the 20th of September so well into the flowering stage.

Back
Top Bottom