Sea Of Green questions! please help

TxState

Hello all, I have a few questions about doing a sea of green grow. First off let me tell you how I plan to do this.. I have an average sized bedroom I plan on doing this in, and would say that I will have 12' x 12' of grow space. Im thinking of using three/maybe four 600w HPS for flowering, do yall think that is enough lighting for that space?

- I hear the rule is one plant per every one square foot (12 x 12 = 144 plants according to that rule) (I doubt I will have that many plants, how many plants do you guys think I could get into a 12' 12' sog?).. I plan to veg the plants for 3 weeks before flowering, the plants would most likely be 12" tall, is that a good length to start flowering in a sog grow? How many plants do you guys think I could get into a 12' x 12 space, also what size pots should I use?

ok I think that's all of my questions for now, I know it's a lot but im trying to do this right. Thanks for the help. :peace:

they say 1 400whps is enough for a 4'x4' use 3 400whps or 2 600whps the 600whps is for 6'x6' this is what i have learned on my own lighting research good luck.

You're shooting for 50 watts of light per square foot of floor space used. Depending on strain, your plants will double to triple their veg height in flower. You have a space large enough to grow alot of plants, although I think that trying to fill the space with 144 plants would require something on the order of 7.2k of lighting which is going to be rather expensive to run, plus it will generate alot of heat. I would recomend starting with a smaller number of plants and gradually scale up as you get more of a feel for how much lighting an heat you can effectively deal with. A good rule of thumb for indoor soil growing is 1 gallon per foot of height. If your plan is to veg to one foot and the flower, then I would use 3 gallon planters.

Back
Top Bottom