Which of these two growing mediums are better to use?

kurt7825

420 Member
Not sure if we can post products so I'll post description of each. Both are from same company.

1. "This formula contains mycorrhizae, an active ingredient that improves fertilizer uptake, increases the plant's resistance to stress and optimizes results without having to change your horticultural habits. With Sphagnum peat moss and perlite, this professional grade loose fill ensures optimal growth where high porosity and extra drainage are needed. This product is ideal for hydroponics."

2. "General purpose peat-based professional growing medium designed for a wide range of greenhouse and transplanting applications that contains a mycorrhizal inoculum (glomus intraradices). Now contains 50% more mycorrhizae. 3.8 cu. ft.."

My local store has each of these but not sure which to get. Thanks

They both look fine. Mycorrhizae is a root stimulant, so you won't need to add that.

You still need to be very aware when you buy "cannabis specific" or any other soil. Don't assume anything. Read the label, study the directions for nutrients. Find out what the PH should be for watering. I use CTP plus. It is very close to coco, and requires feeding at a PH of 5.8-6.2 depending on what stage of development the plant is at.

By saying Myco is a root stimulant so u won't add that is wrong. There are plenty of people adding multiple strains to their feed throughout the early and middle life of the plant. Just avoid soil with high bark content its bad for roots.
Top one seems good mix though.

Back
Top Bottom