With all other variables equal

gira

I planted these two Bruce banners in same seedlings mixture and then at about day 21 transplanted into final container of Coast of Maine + mycorrhizae and asyos (sp.) and 40% mixture of perlite/medium grow stone.
I know each girl is unique but these two are Different as sativa and indica. @Emilya ever see this?

Attachments

• D6A73296-F02B-4C99-A3F9-6D2648268376.jpeg
    D6A73296-F02B-4C99-A3F9-6D2648268376.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • 7C94BA76-2587-448F-8BEF-449D2D18F56F.jpeg
    7C94BA76-2587-448F-8BEF-449D2D18F56F.jpeg
    971.2 KB · Views: 75
did one get a stronger light than the other or sit in a better spot? The tall plant has stretched while the other has kept the inter-nodal distance small. Usually the stretching plant did that because it was trying to get closer to a light or not getting as much light as it thought it needed. Other than that, sometimes, different prototypes of a particular variety can be completely different, taking after one of their parents, and these plants will actually be a different strain than each other. The other possibility is that one is a male... male plants tend to grow faster and taller than their female counterparts.

Both are supposed to be feminized Bruce banner. Long legs Lenore is opposite socket end of bulb (600watt HPS). It was like this from day one... about an inch taller than the other and now about 8 inches taller. Their first real watering after transplant to final container lasted 5 days before plants started showing signs of needing after, and then only slightly.

I would guess that a study of the pattern of light intensity in your grow area with a decent light meter would give you an answer to this mystery. It is my guess that the socket end of the bulb is not getting as much light.

While I have been struggling over the years to put proper light on all of my plants in a tent, I try to move the plants about regularly, at least as long as I am able to. Especially in veg, my plants get moved to new spots in the room and rotated at least every time I water them, so even if the light pattern isn't perfectly even, the plants all get a share of what is available.

Back
Top Bottom