Whoopi Goldberg Confesses To Smoking Cannabis Before Winning Oscar

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The 55-year-old actress claims that she was high when she accepted the award from Denzel Washing for her role in the film in which she starred as Oda Mae Brown opposite the late Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore.

The actress and host of 'The View', she said: "I learned a great lesson though. Never smoke pot before there's the possibility of having to talk to one hundred million people. Smoking cigarettes and pot every now and then are my habits and I thought, 'I've got to relax.'

"So I smoked this joint that was the last of my home grown and honey, when he said my name and I popped up, I was like, 'Oh f**k, oh f**k, up the stairs one two three four five, onto the podium. There's millions of people, OK grab the statue.' I knew I should have never had done it."

The 55-year-old actress was caught out by her own mother, who knew that her daughter had indulged in a smoke before the ceremony. Whoopi recalled the moments during her voice over recording session for the 1992 movie 'The Pagemaster', and it was posted by TMZ.

She said: "My mother called me afterwards and said, 'You smoked didn't you? Your eyes were just glistening.'

"So I panicked and got the Oscars tape to see whether you could tell and you just couldn't. I know you're not supposed to admit that you smoke pot but I don't drink alcohol!"

NewsHawk: Jim Behr: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: taletela.com
Author: CJ Rutter
Copyright: 2011 Giant Digital
Website: Whoopi Goldberg Confesses To Smoking Cannabis Before Winning Oscar

Back
Top Bottom