Wild type seed

Redhawk44

I have obtained a few wild type seed from various locations.

Kumauni. A Himalayan domesticate considered a landrace from Uttarakhand in the Indian Himalayas.

Kaghan valley. A Himalayan wild type seed from Pakistan.

Kurgan. A trans Ural wild type from Kurgan Oblast Russia

Afghan, a random mix if seeds from, unsurprisingly, Afghanistan. These seeds were mixed together from several acquisitions by some fool not realising the need to keep the bags separate for identification purposes apparently.
They may be wild type but that is doubtful since seeds are larger than true wild type seeds.

Obviously all the acquisitions are regular seeds some from the more northern latitudes will apparently be day neutral (Autoflowering or semi Autoflowering) others will be photoperiod seeds or both. The seeds were obtained from the Real Seed Co. In order to maintain viability I keep them in the fridge. Germination of wild type seed is slow and irregular unlike modern cultivars and as yet I have not planted any.

When I do plant them it will have to be only one of these types at a time as I intend to allow them to develop regardless of gender in order to produce seed so I cant risk growing them with my other plants, pollen and bud plants are a bad mix. The seed from Kurgan oblast should grow in colder temperatures since the summer average in the warmest month is a mere 19 Degrees C or 66 Degrees F. and so will almost certainly display semi-Autoflowering characteristics. The temperatures in my grow tent is infinitely variable so I wont have any difficulty in reproducing optimal temperatures for these types of seed. Knowing their origin is vital for creating the necessary conditions for growth.

wow, Himalayas, Pakistan, Russia - really wild. Where did you get all them, my friend? Do you have any pics?
I didn't collect them my self unfortunately. The seeds are from The Real Seed Company, a source I trust. As yet I have not cultivated any of them so I have no photos but the supplier has pics on their site. Most of the truly wild type are very tiny achenes. The Afghan are a little larger indicative of cultivated crops that have not had to struggle for water or fertiliser.

I didn't collect them my self unfortunately. The seeds are from The Real Seed Company, a source I trust. As yet I have not cultivated any of them so I have no photos but the supplier has pics on their site. Most of the truly wild type are very tiny achenes. The Afghan are a little larger indicative of cultivated crops that have not had to struggle for water or fertiliser.
Sucks that the seeds were mixed if you paid for it and it didnt come packaged the way it was supposed to "separately" not to be a dick or anything because I've been ripped off before in the "Seed Game" (Not saying this has happened too you) but from my experience it sucked and it was at that time a big let down. To be perfectly honest with you and not knowing the relationship you have with said trusted person, I personally wouldn't trust that source any longer to send me genetics with a type of mistake like that.

I was aware that the Afgan seeds had been mixed at the source by some Idiot not all my aquisitions are from the mixed batches. Most are from defined specific localities. It was only the seeds identified as Afgan mix that were, well, mixed.

I was aware that the Afgan seeds had been mixed at the source by some Idiot not all my aquisitions are from the mixed batches. Most are from defined specific localities. It was only the seeds identified as Afgan mix that were, well, mixed.
You'll definitely find something good my friend!

Back
Top Bottom