Will this Drying Technique work?

weediologist

Hey
I just cut my plant today i got maybe like 2-3 wet ounce wieght i have picture below of the harvest, i harvested at 59 days or 8 weeks 3 days....now the first picture is the technique i used to dry the buds hang in the box with 2 sides cut out for air circulation and i have a fan blowing in the box at low speed...is that good? or bad?

box.JPG

harvest001.jpg

harvest002.jpg

harvest003.jpg

harvest004.jpg

harvest005.jpg

harvest006.jpg

Nice harvest, and yes that's a fine setup for drying. But you might not want to have the fan running 24/7, it'll dry out way too fast. If you can steal your timer from your grow, I'd suggest setting it for 15 minutes on 3 times a day.

Well i have not added the fan yet, (i know i siad it above that was a mistake)....i have it in my girlfriends closet its about 70-80% DARK, does it have to be total darkness????...should i just not have a fan there, cause the closet is in a open area that covered with a curtain to separate it from the room.

the darkness is just to protect your bud from harmful UV rays, which can destroy the THC, very slowly... that closet should be fine... as for the fan, you don't really want/need it... the slower you dry the buds, the danker they'll be... hang them in either a cardboard box with a small hole at the bottom and a small hole at the top, a paper bag with a few small holes punched in it, or a closet... and judging by the size of your buds, they should be dry in about 4-5 days... then seal them in jars, opening the jars every 1-2 days...

Nice harvest man! Yeah that will work fine. You could also hang upside down in a closet with a fan but the boxes are easier to move if you have too. Give them about 2-3 days to dry and then start the curing process. Looks like you did a great job with those plants and happy smoking.

Nice harvest man.
For a person that asks a lot of newby questions, you look like you did very well on the grow.
This is a compliment.

yea its drying in a cardboard box in a closet that is in a open area thats dark now i made the closet 90% dark, i pulled out one of the smallest branches and touched the bud...its was like wet as hell like someone put water on my bud...is that normal for drying since i guess its sucking all the water/juices from the stems...cause my stems are thick too...so is that normal? i just touched my bud to check it i know am not suppose to...so help me on this question please.
thanks for all your help on this grow i hope i get some good bud of this. ill probobly dry for 6-7 days and cure them for 2 weeks that good enough or do i have to do more?

weediologist said:
ill probobly dry for 6-7 days and cure them for 2 weeks that good enough or do i have to do more?
it's normal for ur buds to feel wet for the first day or two of drying... but they should be dry enough to cure after only 4-5 days... when you open the jar after a day of curing, you'll notice that the air inside is humid, and that the buds may seem a little damp again... if that's the case, simply leave the lid open for an hour or two, and it will have dried out again... then just keep curing that way... 2 weeks of curing is fine... you can start smoking it after that, but keep curing the bud you don't smoke...

when i cure right when do i put the glass container at for that 2 weeks, after that 2 weeks ill put it in the fridge i heard that what you have to do after its dry enough?

okey i dried my bud for 5 days then cut the buds of the stems and let it dry out more on a newspaper in the bottom of that box. I got about 3 onces and 1/8th of dry wieght out of my 1 plant and it was my first grow and baggie seeds...am soo proud of myself i did better then most 1st and pro growers. so i put them in a airtight jar and today i pull out a bud to smoke it was wet again....i know every 24 hrs you have to open the jar for 2 hrs for gas exchange how long do i have to do that open and close and how long do i have to cure???

I have no idea on how to dry and cure, but dam man, be sure to let us know how it smokes .... Very nice grow!!

i smoked some yest in a blunt with my boys and we were stoned like the felling was like cant move...good shit for baggie seeds that was alright.

weediologist said:
okey i dried my bud for 5 days then cut the buds of the stems and let it dry out more on a newspaper in the bottom of that box. I got about 3 onces and 1/8th of dry wieght out of my 1 plant and it was my first grow and baggie seeds...am soo proud of myself i did better then most 1st and pro growers. so i put them in a airtight jar and today i pull out a bud to smoke it was wet again....i know every 24 hrs you have to open the jar for 2 hrs for gas exchange how long do i have to do that open and close and how long do i have to cure???
the opening is not just for gas exchange... it's also to release moisture, and so you can check on it... when you open the jar and it's moist, leave it out for 30min-1hr, and it should be dry again... and eventually, if the bud is dry after a day of being sealed in the jar, it's cured pretty much enough to smoke, and they you don't have to open it EVERY day, as there's not as much chance for mold... and you can cure for as long as you want... i just keep my buds in jars after they're done... that way, even tho they're smokeable, I'm opening the jars every day to pick out a bud to smoke, but the rest stays in the jar to cure... so basically, i say cure it until you've smoked it all!:cool:

that is very good explain of what i wanted to do thank you alot snugglefunked.

to dry, put in dark place, good vent. 2 days - week, then just jar em up, for a couple weeks, or until all the h20 moisture is gone, and all u got left is sticky icky!
:peace: :bongrip:

All those branches need to dry properly is cool dry air circulating around them. If your using a fan do NOT point it at the buds, just use it to move air around them. Depending on your local humidity the stems should be snapping at 7 to 10 days and ready to start curing. Curing is, I feel, not only the last step it is the most important step in regards to final taste and flavor. Its the difference between B or B+ buds and A+ buds.

okey thanks for all the help am already curing so thanks for all your help....
thanks to all of you on this site.

THIS IS THE END OF THIS THREAD NO MORE INFORMATION NEEDED BY ME

Back
Top Bottom