Will my harvested weed become moldy?

johnybologna

420 Member
I harvested a nice 250 grams 1.5 months ago. Hung it up for about a week until I could snap the twigs, then cleaned it and put it in 7 glass jars (half full). Every day I open them up briefly and they're at a point where they are dry enough to smoke, but they could dry just a little more to be absolutely perfect. A friend claims I have to buy a vacuum sealer and put everything in the freezer. If I don't it will definitely get moldy, he claims. I find it hard to believe. The humidity in the room where I keep the jars is 65%. I plan on going through this amount in 2 months. Leave it in the jars or get the vacuum sealer and freeze?

i dont even smoke my buds until they have been cured over 2 months. If you want to spend some worthwhile money get a humidity pack like from broveda, i use 62% and when the humidity is balanced forget about it for months. I have buds over a year old with no signs of molding.

It is my understanding that freezing is one of the worst ways to store your weed. The Trichomes will freeze and become brittle. They then break off from the bud during any handling while frozen resulting in your weed becoming weaker than originally.

Back
Top Bottom