Woody Harrelson Smoked Weed During 'Brutal' Dinner With Donald Trump

Ron Strider

Woody Harrelson had to light up a joint just to make it through one dinner with now-President Donald Trump.

The actor, who portrays former President Lyndon B. Johnson in the upcoming film "LBJ," recalled to Bill Maher on Friday night his dinner experience with Trump more than 15 years ago.

Harrelson was invited to dine in 2002 by Jesse Ventura, whom Trump wanted to run with on a Democratic ticket in 2004.

"I went and it was brutal. I never met a more narcissistic man. He talked about himself the whole time," Harrelson explained.

Maher chimed in and jokingly questioned, "so he's changed a lot?"

"I had to walk out halfway through to smoke a joint just to like steel myself from the rest of it," the "Natural Born Killers" star continued.

Harrelson quit smoking marijuana about a year ago – an effort Maher didn't let go.

The "Real Time" host showed viewers side-by-side images of himself with Harrelson, both after smoking marijuana and sober.

Maher joked how it was evident Harrelson had much more fun while on the drug.

Harrelson has spoken out against Trump in the past.

In an interview with The Guardian in May, the self-described anarchist said he wanted the President to "surprise him."

"I don't see one positive thing he's done. I keep wanting him to surprise me, with just one positive thing," he said at the time.

Harrelson described to Maher on Friday how LBJ was vulgar, but it wasn't the same kind of public vulgarity exercised by Trump in the current administration.

"LBJ" is due out in theaters on Nov. 3.

Woody_and_Trump_-_Getty_Images.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Woody Harrelson smoked weed during 'brutal’ dinner with Trump - NY Daily News
Author: Nicole Bitette
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Website: Breaking News, World News, US and Local News - NY Daily News

Back
Top Bottom