Worrying leaf decay Please help asap

Herbivore

Hello I'm currently on my first outdoor grow. My plants are planted in the soil with a fence around them. There are a lot of white spots accumulating on my leaves and little holes. The newer leaves growing off the top are twisted with white spots. My plant is about 2 feet 4 inches and was looking 100 percent healthy before this. I have 3 other plants 2 of which are showing small signs of these spots. Any ideas on what this might be would be great. O and by the way the new sprouts from where the plants branches connect with the stem also show signs of this.

alright thx for the advice i will get on that asap and I will get pictures asap. please check back in a few days for pictures

DankCloset said:
to be on the safe side, get some neem oil, follow the instructions and then get pics. better to be safe than sorry.

I agree. Even if it's not spider mites, Neem oil will not hurt the plant, so give it a try.

Don't use Neem (Yuuuccckkk) if your plants are in any stage of flower. Not only is it dangerous, it makes the pot taste like crap.

Show us what you got and I'll help. But only use Neem as a last resort.
Perhaps you hadn't watered down the Neem oil, or applied it over zealously. I simply appreciate the fact that Neem oil is all organic, which is a must for an all organic garden. But yes using any pest detterent during late flower in particular is no good.

Capt. Zigzag said:
Sorry RooRMan. Wasn't trying to jump on you, bro.
-

No need for apologies, if you feel the product you have tried works just as well or better, then thats cool too.

I prefer the soap method, it works and washes off. I have only had one infestation though so that also means I have little experience in this matter.
For the most part, I would agree with the Captain, he really seems to know his shit. He is a experience grower and it is easy to see that in his posts.

hello i have pictures but am unable to post the for some reason they are JPEG pictures i beleive if that helps anyone. Ive tried to find where it says how to post but im not having any luck

sounds like powdery mildew... but the holes are definately some sort of insect... as long as they are NOT in flower, you can use an insecticide called "end-all" - definately at any grow store.. i think you can even get it at walmart.. im pretty sure!!

pyrethrins , sabidilla , rotenone , all natural, all good....bugs are a bitch outdoors sometimes and the root of the problem is actually a malnurished plant.Here's why:bugs will only attack sick plants.There is actually a series of ultrasonic clicks and noises put out by plants caused by internal doings(KISS) that only bugs can hear.It's true .Been known for years in entomolgy sciences.The root of ALL insect problems is unhealthy plants.When plants are sick they put out the "distress calls" and the critters come running.What you need to really look at is how your plants and soil are being prepared.Buy a soil testing kit or better yet , send it away for analysis (it's cheap)micronutrients are going to play the most important part in helping you get rid of spider mites or blister beetles or whatever the hell you have got.All you growers out there should know this and spread the word , keep your girls happy.

IMG_0368.JPG

there i finally got it click that and u can see a few pics of it please tell me what u think it is. Also thx for all ure advice so far just thought it might be helpful for some pictures.

hey is that look like the leaf is drying from the inside out? like is it in between the veins of the leaf? if so thats magesium lock. to cure that get some epsom salt mix 1/2 teaspoon in a gallon and water lightly. new growth will not have the "rust spots" or buring from the inside out.

alright thx so much for the help how many times do i water with the epsom salt would u say. or just water lightly once

I prefer the soap method, it works and washes off.

i second that too. I like using a little dish soap and water and spray both the underside and the overside of the leaves. Spraying the entire plant. Then a 3-5 days later, spray them again; after another 3 - 5 day wait, I spray em done with straight water. This is assuming you;re not in late stages of flower. Anythign after the first 2-4 weeks is too late. my 2 cents.

Alright DankCloset I tried the epsom salt 4 days ago and the problem seems to have become a little bit worse. The plants are starting to go into flowering stage. I know there not spider mites because I see no webs whatsoever. I looked really close and saw no bugs. If they are too small to see however I will try the soap method. Please give me your advice it is much appreciated. Time is of the essence. Some of the leaves are drooping now as well.

Back
Top Bottom