Yellowing bud site

leafy2

Hope you can help with a problem I'm experiencing with my latest crop- incidentally this also occured with my previous grow, before then things were fine. Whats happening is that almost as soon as the plants are put into flower the buds and surrounding leaves start to yellow really badly. the leaves take on a dry waxy feel to them and it seems to affect every bud on the plant which tends to suggest it not due to my lights being too close. Anyway the tech details are as follows. The plants are grown from seed, "The Church" by Green House Seeds (On the last grow it was "Train Wreck" by the same company. They are germinated in Root Riot blocks and fed Formulex solution until the roots develop, then they're grown in Canna Terra Pro Mix. They were fed on Hesi Soil Mix fertilizer with a small amount of Hesi SuperVit. The soil was pre-treated with Canna Rhizotonic before potting.

After 5 weeks of 18/6 under a 200W blue CFL they were transplanted into bigger pots, lights changed to 2 X 125W red CFLs and feeding was changed to Bio-Bizz Bloom until this week when I changed to Guerilla Grow bloom feed. The SuperVit was continued. Tap water was used, but beforehand it was put through a Brita filter to remove chlorine and then left to stand for 24 hours to minimize any temperature shock before the nutes were added, then it was pH adjusted to 6. The plants are watered every 2-3 days and fluid is added until runoff is observed. Temperature varies between about 18C at night to about 25C during the day. They are in a cabinet with a fan constantly blowing- extraction is via a carbon filter. humidity varies between 65 and 45%.
I've compiled the above with reference to the forums' "Problem Form" but if you need any further info please let me know. Finally, in an attempt to clarify matters I've enclosed a few photos. They should help to illustrate my problem, and the fact that all buds eem to be affected not just those closest to the light. Incidentally advice from a local growshop was that they were displaying symptoms of nitrogen depletion- is that feasible given that they are now in flower?
Thanks in advance for any help or guidance you can offer- it will be gratefully received as this problem has got me flummoxed. Cheers.

PS. Ignore the burn damage on one photo- that was due to the bulb getting too close for a short while- yellowing commenced well before that incident.

plant_33.JPG

plant_23.JPG

plant_14.JPG

Since it appears the issue is starting at the top and progressing down I would suspect a deficiency in one or more of the immobile nutrients, particularly Iron or Manganese. Both of these have about the same symptoms and start on the newer growth. All of the big three (N-P-K) are mobile nutrients which trans-locate within the plant to solve deficiencies, I don't really suspect one of these, as the majority of the problem would then be on the lower portion of the plant.
just my 2 cents, hope its helpful

Im having the same problem growing the church, but have had sucsessfull grows from the same mother. i have had the same problem before but that only affected the tip of the lead bud this time its hitting each flower all the way down the plant, the nutes are canna aqua flora and bcuzz bloom even after leaching it seems to be stunting them.if you have any luck let me know cheers devious D.

Weird isn't it? I've had 2 really successful crops of Church, using Homebase compost and minimal nutes. Then I tried Trainwreck and got this weird effect- and that was using Canna compost and proper feeding. This time I'm growing 1 of each and changed to plagron compost, but am still getting the effect. weird thing is I'm not 100% sure which is which so I was hoping that what I was seeing was a peculiarity of the'Wreck but your post seems to piss on that particular bag of chips!

To keep you up to date, I took the advice offered and treated them to a dose of Mag sulph (Epsom salts) and they do seem to have improved slightly- they certainly aren't any worse anyway. Now i'm wondering if its safe to repeat the dose? They're due PK13/14 this week as well, so maybe that will have some effect and answer some of our questions.

Keep you posted- make sure you do the same!

hi mate, weird is the word im going to try epson salts today but im about ready for the pk13/14 myself but wasnt sure it was nitrogen as alot of the leafs are a dark green, im running a drip feed in coco using canna coco side by side and it seems to be the same tho they are 2 weeks behind the ones on canna aqua flora, if it wasnt for the fact ive had good grows indoors and out id believe it was the strain. cheers for replying keep me posted D.:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom