Yikes! Sudden turn for the worst ever - Please help with quick diagnosis! Pics

Slye

Everything has been going along lovely until this very morning :(

First thought was nute burn so I diluted the reservoir with some tap water to bring it from 1.5 EC/750 PPM to 1.3/660 PPM. Looking for upturn in the next 24 hours but hoping for words from experienced eyes in the meantime.

MG_8953.jpg

MG_8954.jpg

pH ran high for a few days over holiday travelling ... maybe 48 hours @ 6 - 6.5. Is that long enough for a lockout to develop?

Please help!

MG_8955.jpg

MG_8960.jpg

Is overwatering even possible with a flood table? Once the flood recedes there's very little standing water left behind. You can literally hear the air being sucked into the grow stones as the water draws down.

Other suggestions? I would be so grateful for some input from one of the many gurus around here! Onset was so sudden -- one morning ok, next morning disaster!

What kind of water? What nutes? Do you use cal/mag? The high ph could have locked out some nutes over the holidays.
Keep an eye on the new growth. If they don't show the same signs after correcting the ph then lock out was probably it.

Using rested tap water (i.e., it sat for 24-48hr), no cal-mag, canna vega nutes + cannazyme.

Interesting, I have three plants in the flood table. The worst affected is the plant nearest the table inflow. The middle plant is somewhat affected on the side facing the inflow, and the third plant, nearest the overflow and furthest from the inflow, is the least affected.

Sure sounds like there is some imbalance in your res. I would do a res change, flush with just water
then do half strength nutes and watch the new growth.

I don't do anything to the water when I flush. Just straight RO water, recirculate for a few minutes, drain, refill,
charge with nutes then adjust PH as needed.

Things are looking better. Not worse, at least. :)

I ran pH'd clear water for ~18 hours (not constant of course, but as a matter of cycle), then replaced with 50% nutes + zymes. I've been training and defoliating as I've been going and now was as good a time as any, so I plucked away the worst of the leaves and am watching the new growth on the worst affected. The other two are no worse for wear, so fingers crossed I don't touch the 3rd rail again!

Thanks, wiz, oldman, and bwbob, for your help!

Wiz ... when you're talking about salt build up there, do you mean visible white crusty where the water has dried away, or dissolved salt in the medium? I have that black/white poly covering my table so the root zone is always cool(er) and moist. No crustys!

Back
Top Bottom