Please help with diagnosis on these poor creatures!

Smokrates

Hello, I am a long time and devoted reader of this site, but have never had cause to post before. After all, if you have nothing worth saying, why say anything, right?

Please help diagnose the issues effecting these plants. I tried to duplicate the basic set up and conditions as found in the 420 forum thread found here...

Growing with CFLs in very limited space

I have no way to post photos for some reason as system will not allow me to have attachments or I am missing something!? I looked throughout this website for appropriate photos, but could not find what I needed. Nonetheless, here is a sort of URL address to something resembling my plants. System puts hyphens in place of external site name even though forum rules say external links are allowed to use for reference purposes. So one must add "eye see mag" in place of the hyphens or the link is non-functional - I know because I tested it, so one has to change name for hyphens and then copy and paste it into browser to see photo. Sorry about all the hassle, but I have no other way to show a photo, apparently. Eye See Mag

https://www.-----.com/gallery/data/500/phosphprus_seedling_tiktok420jpg.jpg

Following are the details and conditions:

Pots #1-3 are Nirvana NL and #4 & 5 are Nirvana Blue Mystic - the plan was to grow these 5 and then cull them to one best of each strain
Germinated on Oct 17 (less than 72 hours after planting) in Eazy Plugs using standard Jiffyplug/rock wool/Eazy Plug technique
Transplanted plugs on Oct 24 to small net pots with Hydroton (as seen in photos) as roots were growing out of plugs
First week seedlings seemed healthy and vibrant
Grown in a cabinet with (6) 250 watt equivalent cool CFL's
Intake pulls in from bottom front and exhaust fan top rear of cabinet with 120 CFM/3.4m³ air capacity
Temps stay always at 78-80 F/25-26 C
Humidity is right at 60%
Have not started with nutes yet
Tap water PH is right at 7.0 (used initially for germination and hand watering)
Frankly, problems began almost immediately upon turning on DWC bubbler
Using a DWC with 6"/15cm air stone and large size pump and no nutrients yet
Reservoir water solution for DWC is at 5.5-6.0
Water level was just below net pot bottoms and entire net pots were being "bubble splashed"
Original diagnosis made by me was somehow they were being "over-watered" by DWC so I shut off bubbler to allow to dry out some
Currently roots seem bright white, healthy and hairy though have not yet grown out of net pots

I understand it MAY be too late for these "pups" but for God's sake, it seemed as if everything was done by the book and this is result! I need to know what to fix for next go around. Oh wise and mighty green thumbs, please help this poor gardener!

Re: Please help with diagnosis on these poor creatures! Photo added

I know next to nothing about DWC, but have you tried swapping the ailing plant with another plant that is healthier to see if it is the location that is causing some issues? Maybe that area of the reservoir is not being affected enough or over-affected by the bubbler. Maybe it was just coincidence that the ailing plant started showing signs right after the bubbler was turned on and it is experiencing a different issue entirely, for instance, not enough light. Moving the plant around might help you to determine if it is a location dependent issue.

Moderators - Please remove this thread as I have re posted a shorter and more clear thread with a photo as part of first post. Thank you and I am sorry for the confusion

Back
Top Bottom