Your soil recipe for flowering.....I would like to discuss (photos of

tonystarks

Whats up 420Magazine smokers :slide: I've been laid off from work for a month and wanted to thank everyone for keeping me occupied :thanks: I have an ongoing perpetual harvest that gets tastier after every harvest.

I currently have 2 random seeds from Mr Nice Seedbank that came as a package called DREAMTIME. The seeds were $50 USD and were well worth the 2 ladies straight from the hands of Shantibaba!! Here goes one of the girls that has been flowering since 12/17/08 under a 1000W Eye Hortilux SuperHPS :cheer:
fluffy_nuggets_015.jpg

An awesome buddy gave me close to 100 seeds from a harvest of ladies who got pollentated by a couple males that were Barneys G13 Haze :rollit: A great investment of $100 and you end up with hundreds of seeds within a few months :grinjoint: I have harvested 20 over the last 2 months that were flowered after they were a maximum of 5" to achieve a SOG. I love the herb but I want more! So I am vegging a little longer to get more herb. Here goes a G13 lady who has been flowering since 12/17/08
fluffy_nuggets_005.jpg

Now for the discussion :passitleft:

I have only used Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil with good success but want to step my growing game up :surf: I never ever have PH issues with plain FFOF and just need that added UMMPH that a hardy and nutritious soil provides. I don't want to overdo it and need some advice or points of view as to what is an optimal mixture. It doesn't need to be all technical or in-depth but just what you use or WANT TO USE.

Can I use a FULL CUBIC FOOT of Earthworm Castings that are 1-0-0 to a bag of FFOF soil 1.5 CUBIC FEET? Is this too much?

Would adding dry BUDSWEL guano into the soil help or can it make my PH unstable? How much per cubic feet sounds normal? I usually make teas but I'm lazy and want to just pre-mix it into the soil but don't want to wake up 3 weeks from now and have burned up plants because I added too much :smokin:

What else can you think of that would be beneficial to add to the soil?

Anyone :passitleft::bigtoke: Help a brother out!

Okay, I have decided to go with a mix that I thought of while smoking some of this fresh finger hash;)

1.5 Cu Ft. Fox Farm Ocean Forest ( 1 bag)
1 Cu Ft. of Earthworm Castings
1 cup lime (anyone have an online source?)
1/4 cup of Budswel Guano dry
small bag of vermiculite

I am hitting the hydro shop tomorrow and picking up everything minus the lime. I have a couple weeks before I can transplant the remaining ladies from the pool of 14 Barneys G13 in my flowering tent since yesterday :popcorn: I gotta weed out the males because I don't need a SAUSAGE FEST in my Habitat44 growtent. What else can anyone think of that would be a good addition to my flowering arsenal? Anyone use anything for their last harvest that made any noticeable differences?

Beautiful Buds, Thank you
What else can anyone think of that would be a good addition to my flowering arsenal? Anyone use anything for their last harvest that made any noticeable differences?Can I use a FULL CUBIC FOOT of Earthworm Castings that are 1-0-0 to a bag of FFOF soil 1.5 CUBIC FEET? Is this too much?
Would adding dry BUDSWEL guano into the soil help or can it make my PH unstable? YES. How much per cubic feet sounds normal? I usually make teas but I'm lazy and want to just pre-mix it into the soil but don't want to wake up 3 weeks from now and have burned up plants because I added too much
Yes it would cause some undetermined outcome.

Budswel is all "P" no "N". Do not mix it in for Veg Growth. Wait till flowering.
Use .5 Cu Ft Worm Casting or a little less to 1.5 FFOF, that alone is enought "N" a 12 oz cup of Hydrated Lime, not Granular per 2 Cu Ft total.

Budswel I started using this again along with the FF Bloom, not Tiger. Azomite, added to soil at 16 Oz per 1.5 cu ft Promix It is posted on my Grow Journal in Progress

you could add greensand or rock phosphate these are slow releasers of P

so you could include them in your initial mix

i'd add dry kelp to it if i could find it too

are you transplanting when you start to flower or before

remember that soil is not hydro and media change in soil does possibly damage roots but you can add a flowering soil mix if you transplant to a bigger pot and not hurt your basic root ball

:thanks: Thanks for the advice guys :thanks:

I am going to sex my plants and then wait a couple weeks before transplanting into a 5 gallon container. I was vegging in 5 gallon containers but it got too expensive and a pain in the ass getting rid of the soil. I am going to follow Cherma's soil recipe and hope it treats my ladies well :slide:

I chopped 4 plants last night and just want to smoke the bud already! The 2 Mr Nice Seedbank plants produced such a funky herb that is stinking up my whole condo :cheer: I love it!

I am going to mix the soil and additives early next week and will take some pictures to update this thread :rollit:

Hey Zolar, how much of the dry kelp is sufficient?

i agree that you should mix in at least 20 percent pearlite or something that will have a neutral ph and keep the castings from weighing your mix down

Back
Top Bottom