What size LED - 1000W or 600W?

ShaunLR97

I would like to grow 2/3 plants, most likely 2, in a 80 x 80 x 160 cm grow space. I'll be using a rdwc system that I'm creating.

I don't know what too look for when it comes to LED's I'm sure there's more too it than watts, I'd just like help of some of you pros out there

This is my first grow with only a 600 Watt LED. It is great for veg and flower as I applied it to a auto flower and a feminized at the same germination time. The auto is in jars already and now waiting to see what the fem does. I had a mis-haps with the auto so the yield was lower because of me.

A friend mentioned supplementing a HPS to help out finish flower. UNLESS you are using 1,500 / 2000 watt models or combo's. They do a great job getting them vigorous and full and if you nuit them right. Auto flower's go so quick regardless of what you do, is why the feminized let go to 100++ days will give me something to go by.

He said that the few he used 6-8 years back. Killed it from 1st node into pre-flower but you seen a slow down. Picture a cone hanging down from the light going down 4 feet and out 4 feet. Then hang 3 more at 3, 2 and 1 foot. Every 8" to 12" down and out the amount of radiation produced by the LED's, the plant uses gets reduced. Regardless of what wattage you have.

So as your plant gets going into flower it has grown a reversed cone. With the buds now away from the most helpful light "area" the LED can produce.
That the extra top end a single 450 or 600 watt unit as mentioned by the draw wattage. Is lacking in a small closet grow...... in fact what was saved in power. Would be close to what it would cost to include the 200 watt HPS bulb, for the last 6 or so weeks. He seen it as something positive to apply to what a great job they started. This is my first time as a user and what was made when he used them to now. They have received great tech improvements. I will know here in 8 or so weeks.....

2017-05-11_014.png

2017-05-11_011.png

2017-05-11_024.png

2017-05-11_027.JPG

germinated on Jan 20th and has only had a 600 watt LED, both veg & flower switch's have been on since week two. As she shared space with the Auto-flower.

My plan is to have 2 grows with 2 Auto-flowers in this 64" X 60+" space. This way with 4 plants curing with in 4.5 / 5 months. As they are ready to clip in 75-80 days to be real, not 65 days. The point being I can produce a years worth of med's in that time frame. The cost savings,, add everything you apply. Being able to economically produce a quality med that fit my needs( strength). Is what I like, and not having to wait (110-20 days) and the extra nuit's and lights on cost are removed. When the first 2 auto's are 3 -4 weeks from harvest germinate the next 2.

Remember that they have zones of power drop off that are way different from incandescent bulbs. A cool tip is when they get this big and to minimize the drop off. I slide the plant half way under the light, for one lights on cycle. Then slide it to the other side for the next cycle. This "blasts" the fuller, bigger buds on the outside, with more radiation potent light. Each half of the plant spends 4 days a week under the best light. Then spending the whole week growing outside the best light spot!!!!! If you get my point...? Enjoy your grow and ...Peace.....
:420:

:volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom