Air Pruning Roots

AirPruneRoots

420 Member
After doing research, I decided I would invest into the idea of air pruning the roots.

After the short stint in solos I transplanted into 1 gal lined with cheesecloth (suspended by a rubber band). It didn't take long to see root tips poking out the cloth just a smidge. I watered a few times and built up the solid root ball.
420-magazine-mobile676595090.jpg

More research, and I discovered 50 cent Wal Mart blue cloth recycled shopping bags. I bought them all. They probably thought something funny at the store.
420-magazine-mobile242186994.jpg

Now these are 5-6 gal bags and quite wide. I like to cut the handles and tie them together. It keeps the soil together nicely(I use sunshine #4 or pro mix hp)

Meanwhile, months have gone on and I still didn't have proper ac installed.

So,. Went to the dollar store. Bought every 1$ laundry basket they had. Once again, weird looks from the cashier. Lined em up with weedblock, a layer of growstones on bottom and more mix for my babies roots to expand.

So I installed 2k mini split for each room, recovered my trees from the russet mites using 1.5ml avid/gal (it worked) and am now in week 4 of flower.
420-magazine-mobile323808757.jpg

These were under the kitchen table back in Sept 2016 and now are 4-5 ft tall. I was dealing with girlfriend issues. Moving. Not having ac. Vacationed in Hawaii for 16 days. Dealing with microscopic russet mites upon my return (didn't know it at the time) but it took weeks to give into Avid.

After doing research, I decided I would invest into the idea of air pruning the roots.

After the short stint in solos I transplanted into 1 gal lined with cheesecloth (suspended by a rubber band). It didn't take long to see root tips poking out the cloth just a smidge. I watered a few times and built up the solid root ball.
420-magazine-mobile676595090.jpg

More research, and I discovered 50 cent Wal Mart blue cloth recycled shopping bags. I bought them all. They probably thought something funny at the store.
420-magazine-mobile242186994.jpg

Now these are 5-6 gal bags and quite wide. I like to cut the handles and tie them together. It keeps the soil together nicely(I use sunshine #4 or pro mix hp)

Meanwhile, months have gone on and I still didn't have proper ac installed.

So,. Went to the dollar store. Bought every 1$ laundry basket they had. Once again, weird looks from the cashier. Lined em up with weedblock, a layer of growstones on bottom and more mix for my babies roots to expand.

So I installed 2k mini split for each room, recovered my trees from the russet mites using 1.5ml avid/gal (it worked) and am now in week 4 of flower.
420-magazine-mobile323808757.jpg

These were under the kitchen table back in Sept 2016 and now are 4-5 ft tall. I was dealing with girlfriend issues. Moving. Not having ac. Vacationed in Hawaii for 16 days. Dealing with microscopic russet mites upon my return (didn't know it at the time) but it took weeks to give into Avid.
420-magazine-mobile509550520.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2127547170.jpg

Back
Top Bottom