1.5 Sq Foot - 2 Cab LED SOG Perpetual Grow - Microeconomics for the Personal Grower

Re: 1.5 Sq Foot - 2 Cab LED SOG Perpetual Grow - Microeconomics for the Personal Grow

None yet. I figured the soil would have enough in it for the half month they have been vegging. I think it may have been my water. The water is at 7.0 pH and I lowered it for some reason but didn't test it once I lowered it with pH down...and I watered lastnight...does my logic sound right? I poured out all that water regardless and filled up anew so I can let it sit for 24 hours.

It sounds like it was your water so just keep your eye on it for he next few days & see if any other leafs get affected. My PH down is phosphoric acid so if yours is too & you've added too much you've probably caused a lock out. :thedoubletake:

Re: 1.5 Sq Foot - 2 Cab LED SOG Perpetual Grow - Microeconomics for the Personal Grow

Oh crap...how do I recover from this? Should I just persist with it? Would clones of this plant be similarly affected? Damn, I was doing so well and she is a bushy monster, I hope I'm not screwed :/
Edit* I see flushing is recommended, and I think it will be okay because I'm still in veg? Would it help to transplant her to the next pot like I was going to do next week, or should I just keep her in this pot till next week like I had planned and just flush out this pot? Hope that wasn't too confusing.

If you've not flushed it then you do need to do it. If you have any nutrients then use a 1/4 strength mix as this will help pull any excess out of the soil. If you can transplant it as well, then that's even better as your pot does look like it will be getting pretty root bound any time now & the roots will soon find the new soil. You wont suffer too much of a setback so there's no need to worry :)

Skunny, idk what I would do without ya. I literally just flushed it with the normal 7.0 pH tap water and put her back under the lights. I will transplant to a bigger pot tonight or tmrw then.

For my future plans though... I am waiting on the two autos which have another 2-4 weeks, so, my plans were.

uppot, let veg a week, cut clones from bottom branches, not the big ass fan leaves but the ones that show little bud sites, then veg for a week to recover then I can throw her in flower.

With the way my timetable looks though I might be overlapping.

I think I will need to add at least 4-5 days to let her recover from the lockout though...so maybe I'm right on schedule, even with my new mistakes.
Thanks again Skunny for the reassurance!:thanks:

No worries VG I'm glad I could help :) It sounds like you've got everything planned out nicely so good luck with the rest & remember to check your ph before watering in future :laugh:

Your last step before watering should be adjusting the pH of your nutrient mixture or water you are feeding your plant. Your lead damage appears to be a phosphorous deficiency, possibly caused by pH lockout.

Here is the alternate nutrient availability chart for soil

phnutrcombo11.gif

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

I will update when I water the autos tonight with molasses.
I tried to germ another violator kush and this one sat in a cup of water for about 30 hours and has sat in a paper towel for 2 days in the dark in a super humid area...I am just plain disgusted with them, and idk if it was just old seeds from Herbies or the genetics but I feel very frustrated seeing as how I got a 5 pack and 2 are already down the drain. I can honestly say I will never run their gear again after this. Anyway, rant over, and I will update later tonight y'all thanks for tuning in!

Cream of the Cash Crop auto with an attempted macro shot lol :cheer:
IMG_20140720_245241_519.jpg
IMG_20140720_245051_185.jpg

The Pineapple express auto
1405835353613.jpg
IMG_20140720_243846_742.jpg

My girls in their homes after being supported
IMG_20140720_243339_726.jpg

SBlue after I uppoted and watered
IMG_20140720_242526_646.jpg
IMG_20140720_243153_148.jpg

Deep Cheese after I cleaned off the dead leaves and transplanted.
IMG_20140720_241501_756.jpg
IMG_20140720_241943_632.jpg

The strawberry still hasn't shown preflowers but the deep cheese is progressing nicely. She stinks and its only veg lool. She is going to test out my carbon filter for sure, and I don't think I will take clones of her because she is a bush monster and I want to only keep strains that will be good for single cola or SOG style. The strawberry is looking like a good contender, but idk yet.

The two autos are progressing nicely as well...I think I have another 15-35 days, and I know that's not very good but I haven't seen a C of C grow finished online so I don't know the timetable, and the pineapple takes 60+ days according to grows online...so yeah, hopefully only like 20 more...anyways, have a good Stoney Sunday tmrw y'all!:Namaste::peace:

Non germinating seeds are a bummer. I once had a full pack of 5 Big Buddha blue cheese all fail to germinate so I feel your pain brother

Thanks for the update VitaminGreen, I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome of your grows. I too have had problems finding any definitive results from folks who have popped some CC seeds, BillyJack said she popped one but it was alright, someone else said that it (yield) was alright but the smoke was strong. I guess it's just my time to see what I can get.

I finally got my cabinet finished so now its time to germ the seeds and see what happens. Putting this cabinet together took me longer to complete than I expected, I got a 2 station 10 gal each Bio-Bucket Top Drip UnderCurrent system w/a topled 96 x 3w reflector in a 36" x 20" x 60" cabinet with external 23 gal rez and diy (mod water cooler) chiller. Let the fun begin.

I'm still gonna be in on your grow its nice to know how other CC growers are doing.

Raziel

Sounds good! You going to do a journal? I am really looking into going Hempy with my clones, if I take clones. With the Lucas formula? Seems to be too easy, of course, I am not enough of a connisouer to know how the taste will be compared to soil, but it seems to be a cheap hydro alternative. Plus no noise like soil, so super stealthy like I need!

I have used the Lucas formula and found the fan leaves yellowed more then I prefer without using the General Hydroponics Flora Gro during flower.

So what would you suggest KingJohn? I am seeing how people use maxibloom and that's all they need the whole cycle?

General Hydroponics MaxiBloom is a good product and works very well for people. By my experience using the Lucas formula my plants fan leaves yellowed a lot more during flower without the addition of the General Hydroponics Flora Gro. I believe my plants are healthier with the addition of General Hydroponics Flora Gro during flower. I would use the General Hydroponics nutrient feed schedule.

https://www.generalhydroponics.com calculator

Quick update*
Made a DIY cloner tonight. Forgot what forum I saw this on, because I honestly have a new idea and Google it every 20-30 minutes. Anyway, super easy, and took me about 5 minutes. I just used scissors to cut the holes, oh and the tubing I slit down the sides so I could wrap it around the stem and just withdraw it and open them up once roots grow.

IMG_20140720_205602_274.jpg
IMG_20140720_205303_746.jpg
IMG_20140720_205254_138.jpg

KingJohn I know you have used hempys before, or anyone else that has. OC+? Seems to simplify Hempy even more? I am considering OC+ mixed with the medium and then the Lucas formula with molasses every other feeding? Is molasses and Hempy okay?

Edit* another question. Doc Bud made a Hempy cup with a little bit of soil, and it works really well, I believe its supposed to mimic the way it is nature, flood shelf or something like that. Why can't that be done with a full flowering plant. A res -perlite then a layer of perlite 75, soil 25, then a layer of soil then a layer of perlite? Just dreaming on this second question btw haha

Watered tonight with molasses, no pics, but there was one or two amber trichromes on each plants top buds. The C of C smells super sweet like rotten fruit almost and the pineapple has almost no smell. 60% of the pistils of both plants have turned color. Maybe the LED will shorten the life of these auto flowers? That would be nice!
On another note. Thinking ahead to the future with these two.
I plan on buying one 165 micron bublle bag and using all of the fan leaves and trim with the dry ice method. I will attempt to make a topical arthritis cream and some oil for cooking.
The lower buds will be made into QWISO hash.
I might also put all the big stems into a bottle of vodka or some such.
The qwiso I will make using frozen fresh lowed bud/trim. The dry ice will be run with dry material. I hope this will maximize my yeild. I plan on using the leftover trim from the dry ice for topical as well? Just to see if its worth it. I can make edibles from the 3-4th wash of qwiso is I decarb those runs as well :). Anyway, happy hump day, back to the grind

Cream of the crop cash crop looking so nice, my microshots on the other hand leave Mich to be disired...I think I will be able to chop her next week as half of her main cola has abou2-3% amber...it's really only on one side though so that's interesting. No pics of the pineapple as she still is really clear. I'm not expecting much in the way of yeile tbh, but its okay. I will have smoke, and this stuff is so sugary mmm
IMG_20140726_234407_754.jpg
IMG_20140726_234151_946.jpg
IMG_20140726_234054_488.jpg

Back
Top Bottom