1.5 Sq Foot - 2 Cab LED SOG Perpetual Grow - Microeconomics for the Personal Grower

Re: 1.5 Sq foot, 2 cab LED SOG perpetual grow...Microeconomics for the personal growe

The white bag is a pre-filter.

You can remove, and wash it.

It extends the life of your carbon filter by removing dust.

Re: 1.5 Sq foot, 2 cab LED SOG perpetual grow...Microeconomics for the personal growe

The white bag is a pre-filter.

You can remove, and wash it.

It extends the life of your carbon filter by removing dust.

Thanks! I kind of thought so but was second guessing myself.

Re: 1.5 Sq Foot - 2 Cab LED SOG Perpetual Grow - Microeconomics for the Personal Grow

I have the deep cheese, the lush awesome one, and then the strawberry blue which still won't take off grrr...should I top the deep cheese now? I did a little LST and she's pulling up the stake, her stem is super thick as well, I want to keep her genetics for sure. I think that's it, let me know what sup y'all, thanks!
IMG_20140711_230325_807.jpg
IMG_20140711_230336_692.jpg

The next is the two autos that are flowering. First is the pineapple express and then the COf C crop. How are they looking? I ordered a jewlers Lupe but its taking forever because its from china apparently. But when it gets here I know I will be close to harvest time I think.

IMG_20140711_231422_951.jpg
IMG_20140711_232008_788.jpg

Re: 1.5 Sq Foot - 2 Cab LED SOG Perpetual Grow - Microeconomics for the Personal Grow

Ladies are looking good.. I usually top/fim when the ladies have atleast 5 nodes.. Then I top again when at about 30-35 days veg to grab my clones. What intensity loupe did you purchase?

I don't top until at least 4 nodes, sometimes 5, it all depends on the strain & structure of each plant :)

Ladies are looking good.. I usually top/fim when the ladies have atleast 5 nodes.. Then I top again when at about 30-35 days veg to grab my clones. What intensity loupe did you purchase?
Thanks, yeah, I think I can top the cheese this upcoming week. I want to water 30-45 minutes before I do...odk why, it just feels like they would have more strength. I got a 30x/60x lighted loupe from Amazon and it was only like $4...I hope its not a piece of crap haha. Thanks for the advice!

I don't top until at least 4 nodes, sometimes 5, it all depends on the strain & structure of each plant :)
Good looking out Skunny, like I told Tamir, I will probably do the cheese this week. The strawberry though? Is patience just required with this plant? She seems to be in almost a stasis and I am hoping she snaps out of it soon

I'd persist with the strawberry mate if it's not taking up any room, it's probably just got slightly dodgy genetics. I've had a few over the years that have taken an eternity to grow. I've got a dodgy one on the go at the moment that's all deformed but I'll persevere with it :)

With your topping, I always 'soft top' my plants. It only leaves a tiny scar & no tools are required. All you do is gently bend back the new growth until it's bent back parallel with the main stem. Then just give it a gentle squeeze with your finger on the new shoot & thumb on the main stem until it snaps off, here's some pictures I took that help show the method.

IMG_001897.JPG
IMG_001989.JPG
IMG_002085.JPG
IMG_002178.JPG

Hope this helps :) :thumb:

I'd persist with the strawberry mate if it's not taking up any room, it's probably just got slightly dodgy genetics. I've had a few over the years that have taken an eternity to grow. I've got a dodgy one on the go at the moment that's all deformed but I'll persevere with it :)

With your topping, I always 'soft top' my plants. It only leaves a tiny scar & no tools are required. All you do is gently bend back the new growth until it's bent back parallel with the main stem. Then just give it a gentle squeeze with your finger on the new shoot & thumb on the main stem until it snaps off, here's some pictures I took that help show the method.

IMG_001897.JPG
IMG_001989.JPG
IMG_002085.JPG
IMG_002178.JPG

Hope this helps :) :thumb:

Awesome! Yeah, I figured I would just persist with it. I still have a bunch of seeds to pop anyway. Variety is the spice of life right?!?!
Oh and that easy topping guide? Golden. With pictures its always a pain in the butt for me to correlate what I'm seeing on an image in my head, so I love pictures that take actual detail like those do. You make me want to go top it right now haha

Haha, patience my friend, patience!

I'm glad my pictures helped :)

With strawberry just make sure you don't over water it & treat it like you would a normal plant. Wait for your medium to dry before watering as the roots will drown & rot. :thumb:

My Strawberry Blue had some mad deformed leaves at her 3rd/4th nodes. Since then she has been topped 3 times and all trim has produced successful clones except 1. (also successfully took a couple from lower undergrowth as well). At first the deformities had me worried but shes doing more than fine now. Slow growth was never something i experienced with this strain yet. I hope yours kicks into gear for you soon. :Namaste:
Strawberry Blue -
IMG_20140709_123750_064.jpg

Strawberry Blue Clone -
IMG_20140709_123103_997.jpg

What intensity loupe did you purchase?

I have a 30x jewelers loupe, 60x-100x Carson Optical MM-200 Micromax LED Lighted Pocket Microscope and a 25X-200X Magnifier USB Digital Microscope Video Camera that I use to take trichome photographs with.

Hey y'all, I am looking into super soil for when I get enough money haha. How does this recipe sound? Should I add anything to it? Thanks!
3cf Premium High Quality Organic soil
12.5 lbs organic worm castings
1.25 lbs Bat Guano (0-7-0)
1.25 lbs Bone Meal (3-16-0)
1.25 lbs Blood Meal (12-0-0)
3 tbsp Epsom Salt
1.5 tsp Powdered Humic Acid
2 tbsp kelp powder
2 tbsp Azomite
1/4 cup Mycorrhizal Fungi
1/4 Cup Dolomite Lime

Is the bat guano not enough?
Edit* I did more reason ad will be doing a scaled down version of the super soil recipe. Now I have a bunch of compost that has turn itself into soil just by way of sitting for several months. Can I use this in the super soil recipe instead of the potting soil or no?

Y'all! I don'tknow if I need to be freaking out or what...I topped not the strawberry and the deep cheese, and both are showing new growths, 2 tops, so I am really happy with that, thanks again Skunny! My deep cheese has two leaves that are like browning though? I tried to get good pics but they have many little brown all over those two leaves, they are bottom ones, and they are a lighter green color than all of the top growth which seems to be that ultra healthy green color. Please tell me its not a fungus or something equally as serious? Please...

IMG_20140716_105353_487.jpg
IMG_20140716_105345_753.jpg
IMG_20140716_105339_529.jpg

It looks to be a phosphorous deficiency, what nute range are you using?

None yet. I figured the soil would have enough in it for the half month they have been vegging. I think it may have been my water. The water is at 7.0 pH and I lowered it for some reason but didn't test it once I lowered it with pH down...and I watered lastnight...does my logic sound right? I poured out all that water regardless and filled up anew so I can let it sit for 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom