1 Question I Never Thought About Asking

Somewhere that it gets good air movement around it and isn't hit by direct light works good. Not hanging on an outside wall where it will be influenced by heat or cold from outside either.

I got one of those infrared laser thermometers to check the leaf temps close to the 1000W HPS light to make sure they aren't getting too warm and as long as they don't get hotter than 85F they're OK tho I'd rather see 80 max.

I have a shelf on an inside wall of my grow room where the thermometer(s), Heat/RH controller for the exhaust fan and the thermostat for the heater all reside and work well to maintain the climate in the grow room just where I want it.

:peace:

I keep mine even with the top of my canopy as my canopy moves I will move my gauge that way I know exactly what my plans are being hit with at the highest temperature

Somewhere that it gets good air movement around it and isn't hit by direct light works good. Not hanging on an outside wall where it will be influenced by heat or cold from outside either.

I got one of those infrared laser thermometers to check the leaf temps close to the 1000W HPS light to make sure they aren't getting too warm and as long as they don't get hotter than 85F they're OK tho I'd rather see 80 max.

I have a shelf on an inside wall of my grow room where the thermometer(s), Heat/RH controller for the exhaust fan and the thermostat for the heater all reside and work well to maintain the climate in the grow room just where I want it.

:peace:
Gotcha. Thanks much for your help. I think it may be to close to the light actually. All that will change after this grow because I'm switching to LEDS. I'm fed up with trying to control the heat. I love how hps grows but just being my second grow I'm learning early on to switch to leds.

I keep mine even with the top of my canopy as my canopy moves I will move my gauge that way I know exactly what my plans are being hit with at the highest temperature
Thanks buddy. I actually think my gauge is to close to the light but I'm just about finished with this grow then I'll be using leds. I can't wait. I'm going with Nextlight Mega and super excited to get my next grow underway.

Back
Top Bottom