12/12 cfl

eicomm3

Bagseed, possibly indica dom
9 cfls in a 45 gallon rubbermaid container
They're all in different sized pots at this point

This is my second time growing, first time using the 12/12 method. Things seem to be going slowly and the growth I'm getting doesn't seem too substantial but I've heard it can be slow going at first with this method.

Anyone here who has done 12/12 with cfls in a tight space is encouraged to give their 2 cents. Much appreciation! There are 2 photos so far in the member galleries. One of all the plants in the grow box and one pic of my tallest so far. She's only 3.5 inches. Tiny! If people get interested in this I'll try and reciprocate by uploading more pics as often as possible.

Cheers,
MERMAN

good luck bud, cant wait.. i have been thinking of trying some 12/12 from seed, i did it outdoors last nov-jan 2 mango plants and a white widow. i should have put them im seperate pots and used some better ferts but still turned out good, the mango turned sooooo purple and sweet. was funny, stuck 3 beans in a pot, put them behind the shed, forgot about them for about 4 weeks went on vacation and all, cam back figured they were prob dead and i had 3 beautiful fems with buds all over them all about 8" tall

I've always wanted to try 12/12 from seed with cfls. Ill be keeping an eye on this good luck man.

It's a lot easier for us if you post your pictures in your posts, even more so since we are all stoners lol. Check this out really quick:Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I think a couple of my plants are starting to show sex. I'm not going to post any pics today because my camera wont pick up on the preflowers. Hopefully within a couple more days I'll be able to see some hairs (or nuts) with my camera, which will be worth posting.

Does anyone know whether males or females generally show sex first or is this something that will depend on the strain entirely? I think I might have one of each so far so it seems they show their sexes at the same time.

Cheers,
MERMAN

Pretty sure I got 3 males out of 6 plants. How long after this will it take the female flowers to present themselves? Also, is it a safe guess, if all my seeds are from the same bag (same strain i would guess) that the plants that havent shown sex yet are definitely females?

Cheers,
MERMAN

I would think so if you yanked 3 out of your 6. Its 50/50 for male/female so I would think you should have at least 2 if not all 3 females. Female preflowers should start showing anytime now.

Thanks for the info. Going to wait to yank them just in case some hairs shoot up too, also i don't have any more seedlings germinating right now so there's nothing else to take their places anyways. There won't be any chance of those sacs reaching maturity and bursting anytime within the next week or so right? Anyways, without pistils on my hopefully female plants there wont be anything to catch the pollen either. I'll definitely post pics once my girls start sprouting some hairs. You know what they say... "If there's grass on the field..."

As soon as you identify those males yank em. Sure those pollen sacs might take a few days to break open, but do you really want to risk it.

What nutes should I be using on 12/12. Should I be using veg nutes at first then switch to flowering nutes or should I just be giving them flowering nutes the entire time? Also, I think I have 4 males out of 6 thats are big enough to flower. Bummer.

Cheers,
MERMAN

For flowering you want nutes high in phosphorus and a little potassium. For veg you want something high in Nitrogen. If you look on the label it will say something like 10-6-6 or something like that. Thats the amount of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. Fox farm grow big works well for veg and during flowering you can use fox farms big bloom and tiger bloom, easily found at your local hydro store. Thats to bad man sorry to hear about all the males.

What nutes should I be using on 12/12. Should I be using veg nutes at first then switch to flowering nutes or should I just be giving them flowering nutes the entire time? Also, I think I have 4 males out of 6 thats are big enough to flower. Bummer.

Cheers,
MERMAN

just keep in mind the slow release nutes already in the soil, maybe just get something to add for the extra P. im not really sure what works best for 12/12 plants but thats what i would do (but what i do isnt always right!)

-RC

I'm up to speed on the NPK numbers on my fertilizer. Just got some neptunes harvest the other day with a higher P number. I guess what i was asking before was that if you do a true 12/12 from seed grow is your plant truly flowering the entire time? Thats how I understood the idea. If they are flowering the entire time wouldnt that eliminate the need for a veg fert with a High "N" number?

My 4th plant is a herm i think, I'll try and snap a pic tomorrow. Equally as worthless as a male, no? Last 2 haven't sprouted any hairs yet but don't have seed pods either. So difficult to be patient...

Back
Top Bottom