12/12 with 6500k?

Re: 12/12 with 6500k .?.

They would still undergo stretch and flower. The yield would be drastically impacted. Very light buds as apposed to tight dense buds. But if you can get the 2700k soon, I wouldnt worry. If you are going for 9 weeks flower, you want 2700 k for last 6 or 7 for sure. Here are a couple links to research and draw your own conclusions. I am not an experienced grower, but a link provider and reader. :nomo:
BASIC INFO ON FLOURACENT BULBS
LIGHTING CYCLES

You can mix them.

In my 1st grow, I had a delay getting my HPS light setup. I ordered the light, it was defective, took a while to get things worked out. I was still in 12/12.

You can mix the lights, generally you want a 70/30 for veg then 30/70 for flower. You don't have to mix, some have said the end product it better if you do.

So you can go 12/12, get a few 2700's then a few more then a few more....

My 1st grow came out fine, the buds weren't a large as the buds in the 2nd grow, but I changed several things.

If it's just a week or two, it shouldn't matter.

Keeping them in veg longer won't matter much either, it'll just delay the harvest. I held 10 plants back in veg for pulling clones. Now my flower room has 16 ready to harvest and 10 will be ready in about a month.

I wanted to pull clones from veg plants and knew the other plants would not be ready, I'm trying to get 1 harvest per month, but it might not work that way.

Point: Either way, you'll be fine. it really depends on how much longer you need to get the 2700's.

From a few days, to 2 weeks. Hairs will pop out. I suggest giving the girls a 24hr dark period sometime in the first week. MJ had a hormone that needs 12hrs dark to kick in. If you give an extended peiod of dark, this hormone builds up and helps expedite showing sex. :) Anyway you can post a pic for us to look at? ;)

Here goes a few pictures of my one and only.

1st-day-of-flower.516151

1st-day-of-flower.516150

1st-day-of-flower.516153

1st-day-of-flower.516152

my flowering to harvest process is about 8 to 10 weeks. One thing you should be able to look forward to is the buds getting extra finger poking out near the end. The buds started getting 'fat' towards the end and the colas started to go from separate sites to one larger cola type site.

That's about the time you start checking for amber trichs.

One other note, I've been using molasses thru almost all the flowering cycle and it seems to work well. You also need to change the nutes once you get into flower, you should have a feeding schedule from your nute supplier.

From what I can see, looking good GrannyT! :goodjob:
ave you considered doing a grow journal? If you do, many much more experienced growers will be able to view your progress and give advice if you need it. Heres a link to starting a grow journal: HOW TO MAKE A GROW JOURNAL

Back
Top Bottom