125w cfl

charliebutler

i just got 2 125w cfl's from a buddy, im pretty sure they will be good for veg but what about flowering? i got them in a 2'x3'x5'h tent vented and they are 6400K

They will flower, however the plants won't be able to grow at full capacity without the correct light spectrum. Definitely get some 2700k when it comes time to bud your ladies.

If ya 125w bulb is the one's i'm thinking of & aprox 30cm long which i have rough idea of price off !

Now your average house hold CFL bulb is pretty much 2700k these can be sourced from your local hard ware/D.I.Y store/shop at the fraction of the price :thumb:

You may need half dozern or so of these lil bulbs to make em effective plus two way adapters etc - It may well work out cheaper ?

Has anyone had any experience trying to flower with the 6500's?
I know its supposed to work better with the 2700 (red) spectrum but has anyone ever tried it? Maybe comparison?

Just wondering if it would make a huge difference.

Well either 6400k or 2700k do produce both end of the spectrums, but one end more than the other hence CFL's in the blue 'n' red.

Yes you could use the same light, but the best results will not be achieved.

You could bolster existing lighting arrangement with house hold cfl in the 2700k range for greater benifit !

Back
Top Bottom