14 days into flower, 2 plants are yellowing terribly

Chumminsboy1

420 Member
Growing bagseed so unknown strains
5 gallon smart pots
Using RO/Distilled water
PH was at a 6.5 lastnight
600w viparspectra led light on bloom setting
Last nuted general organics bloom a week ago but no change in plants. This issue is only on 2 of the 4
Running a 12/12 lighting schedule

Attachments

• 20190424_004008.jpg
    20190424_004008.jpg
    470.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 20190424_003954.jpg
    20190424_003954.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 141
  • 20190424_003946.jpg
    20190424_003946.jpg
    864.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 20190424_003939.jpg
    20190424_003939.jpg
    791 KB · Views: 179
  • 20190424_003927.jpg
    20190424_003927.jpg
    747.4 KB · Views: 164
Don't listen to me over someone more experienced, but here's my 2 cents. The plant seems healthy enough, though its pretty close to the light. I am using a vipar R300, and I am doing the same thing at the moment out of necessity. I should have scrogged now I am paying the price. Luckily my light isn't that powerful that its gonna burn really badly. Its working out really well so far for a small 1 plant grow for me.

These are lower level fan leaves, so them yellowing out during flowering isnt a huge concern. Maybe a little early to be yellowing but i wouldnt be panicking. But one of the photos shows some downward leaf curl. Maybe over watering or too much nitrogen. I assume you are in soil?

Natural light images show the problem much better than the blurple LEDs.

The yellowing lower leaves look like a nitrogen deficiency, but under that light it's hard to tell. A nitrogen deficiency can be caused by problems other than your nutrients. The wrong pH will do that to you.

Are you growing in soil? The pH of the water you use should vary between 6.2 and 6.8. In coco/perlite my pH varies from 5.8 to 6.2, depending on the stage of growth. The pH and TDS of the run off is immaterial, it's what you put in that counts.

Growing bagseed so unknown strains
5 gallon smart pots
Using RO/Distilled water
PH was at a 6.5 lastnight
600w viparspectra led light on bloom setting
Last nuted general organics bloom a week ago but no change in plants. This issue is only on 2 of the 4
Running a 12/12 lighting schedule
I have same light. Put ON BOTH SWITCHES!

Natural light images show the problem much better than the blurple LEDs.

The yellowing lower leaves look like a nitrogen deficiency, but under that light it's hard to tell. A nitrogen deficiency can be caused by problems other than your nutrients. The wrong pH will do that to you.

Are you growing in soil? The pH of the water you use should vary between 6.2 and 6.8. In coco/perlite my pH varies from 5.8 to 6.2, depending on the stage of growth. The pH and TDS of the run off is immaterial, it's what you put in that counts.

Ive thought maybe a nitrogen deficiency but they been nuted and seems to not have helped, my runoff is a 6.5 so im guessing where my mistske is lays in the fact i havent been adjust the ph of what im putting in it? And yea i really over vegged them 1st timer mistake but have definitely learned not to do it again, i did get pretty bad light burn on the main cola of the shorter plant when it was in my small tent by itself. Tonight when i get home and lights are on ill get some better pics.

Old growth yellow leaves are somewhat normal. If they are younger leaves, you may have an issue.
Check your ph of your water AND runoff ph and adjust accordingly.

I usually get yellow leaves about mid flower and it typically old leaves that are "used up". The plants rub these leaves of energy and die off.

Old growth yellow leaves are somewhat normal. If they are younger leaves, you may have an issue.
Check your ph of your water AND runoff ph and adjust accordingly.

I usually get yellow leaves about mid flower and it typically old leaves that are "used up". The plants rub these leaves of energy and die off.
They are mostly older fan leaves but it has lost a bit of younger ones as well.

Yea thats been an issue. I realized i way over vegged them for the tent i have. They are around 3 weeks in now i wanna say? Topping is kinda outta the question at this point as they are already budded out a bit. Worse case scenario they get put into my closet until they are done flowering

I know it seems out of the question.
But.
You are going to suffer for the next 4 or 5 weeks.
I have done it during flower. I had an indica that ended up to be a sativa phenotype.
I think it increased the yield everything fattened up.
I'm going to keep my head down for a few minutes just in case there's a scud coming.
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Does anyone have any concerns about the 2nd photo with all the leaves folding down? I haven't had that myself but I have seen it in articles about diagnosing leaf problems? Maybe I have it wrong, or its since corrected itself?

Attachments

• v600 rec.jpg
    v600 rec.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 105
yeah i agree here the official information from the company, @Nickystickybuds how big is your tent ? i have a 4x4 with the same light is it enough?
I cant see where it says actual wats but kinda important you can still grow in there youll just have to keep rotating and keep them real close together.
My tent is 2x4x6 and im at only 32 watts per square foot. Ive got 2 in there ones realky really healthy and huge buds and the one that been in the corner its sparce! Weird its like the plant was split right down the middle. One side is baron and the other huge fat cheesy good buds. Can literally see where coverage ends haha . sorry if i rambked im high AF. So if u can afford it another 100 actual watts would be perfect. Still doable. That's a great light man

I cant see where it says actual wats but kinda important you can still grow in there youll just have to keep rotating and keep them real close together.
My tent is 2x4x6 and im at only 32 watts per square foot. Ive got 2 in there ones realky really healthy and huge buds and the one that been in the corner its sparce! Weird its like the plant was split right down the middle. One side is baron and the other huge fat cheesy good buds. Can literally see where coverage ends haha . sorry if i rambked im high AF. So if u can afford it another 100 actual watts would be perfect. Still doable. That's a great light man
I have a cheap 300w on the other side. Plus a viparspectra 300 in my small 2x2 tent. My big tent is 2x4x5'9" i wanna say ive been looking for around a 7' tent for my next batch that just sprouted

Back
Top Bottom