150W HPS

eljefeloco

I just found one of these in storage and after reading a legendary thread or two, I thought I'g give the 420fied Hempy SOG a try. I'll be using 2L soda bottles.

Anyone know how many plants I should be crowding under it and how far away I should be hanging the light.

Yeah that's kinda what I was shooting for.

I have a pheno that seems like it'd work but the light seems really underpowered. 18-24" not a chance; it's that crap. But I've seen people use 'em. So they must be good for something.

Yeah that's kinda what I was shooting for.

I have a pheno that seems like it'd work but the light seems really underpowered. 18-24" not a chance; it's that crap. But I've seen people use 'em. So they must be good for something.
I use a 150 watt floralux hps to flower along w my mars 300 for diff light spectrum mixture. I began my 150w hps at roughly 18in an had it to around 12in within a couple weeks an ths was w a new bulb..an worked great for me. Although, I was growing only 2 plants topped lst hst. I agree w TurboB about the bulb needing to be new an also about the footprint being reduced the further u drop the light. 2 ft away is too far for a 150w hps imo, but u do have to think about footprint/light distribution

you can also veg a bit longer and quad or scrog hempys if you want.

i like the thought of a sog hempy though. could do one big drain tray ...

I vaguely remember something about some guy mounting CFLs in a home depot bucket. I've always thought you must really love growing to bother with that.

I struggle in ideal conditions....
the updated version uses led strips all the way around the plant. google space buckets - piles of fantastic designs. super interesting to see what people can do.

I keep mine about a foot away with a small fan blowing on them. Heres a reveged Acapulco Gold. Got about 5oz off her the first time think she will do at least that this time. I had 2 other plants with her last time in a very small space. I love those 150watt hps, very discreet!! I use a water farm it probably helps. I want to see how far I can push the oz's up with bushing a plant out!! I think a half a pound is doable with the right strain easily and cheap!!

Attachments

• 20200319_193742.jpg
    20200319_193742.jpg
    867.5 KB · Views: 29
I keep mine about a foot away with a small fan blowing on them. Heres a reveged Acapulco Gold. Got about 5oz off her the first time think she will do at least that this time. I had 2 other plants with her last time in a very small space. I love those 150watt hps, very discreet!! I use a water farm it probably helps. I want to see how far I can push the oz's up with bushing a plant out!! I think a half a pound is doable with the right strain easily and cheap!!

Now that's what I'm talking about, Trouncing those space bucket dudes (no offence turbo/bluter) lol.

Now that's what I'm talking about, Trouncing those space bucket dudes (no offence turbo/bluter) lol.

no worries lol .. neither turbo nor i are running them ... i'm under cob

pulling about a pound a run. could do better with a few little tweaks and a extra plant or two.

No worries man.
I pulled 3 out of a bucket so not sure how much of a "trouncing" that would be haha.

I always want to fire one back up and see how much I could really get out of one but I'm lacking the floor space to bother with it.

My tents keep me plenty busy now. Averaging 28ozs per run with a couple different kinds of boards.

Back
Top Bottom