180 watt led cree 3chip ho light in grow cabinet

konehead

So im tired of growing in my pc and decided to step my game up a lil.got a 3ft tall and 2 and half wide grow cabinet covered wall with white reflector plastic paper that guy at hydro store told me was best to use.ordered a 180 watt led cree ho 3 chip set from hydroponics hut on ebay.also got 2 pc fans 1 pumping air in and pc air scrubber charcoal going to be sucking out.only thing is i hooked lights up and couldnt get it real close to celing only its hanging 5-6 inches away from top wanted to get 3 inches away but hanger that came with it wont let me.any suggestions?????now from floor to light i still have about 15 inches for plants to grow will this be enough room for lowryders and real short plants??or do i need to get closer to celing?/

IMG197_1_.jpg
IMG198_1_.jpg
IMG196_1_.jpg
IMG195_1_.jpg
IMG194_1_.jpg

15" including the space for the plants' containers? That's going to be tough.

Hi, how many lumen does your LED panel emit?

Try some plants from the "great white shark" and "lowrider" genetic family in a sea og green. (Try SeedFinder - The Cannabis-Strain-Search-Engine 2.0 to sort out specimen, breeder and reseller).

They all grow ultra short (max 30cm/12 inch) and dense, expect 10 - 15 gram per plant with each of them stuffed into 15cm pots with hydrotone and dripper outlaying your growing area...
Beware: some of them are autoflowering species, if you want to go from clones, you have to find regular seeds...

Otherwise:
Put your plants into extra small (diameter 7cm) but deeper (16cm) pots (cut some 0,33 litre pet bottles). by limitating their root zone drastically, the plants will grow small. you can try this with a lot of indicas and indica/sativa hybrids ... check the breeders info on the plants height...

nice setup konehead!!! really like watching these led grows....Nice cabinet build, I am looking to do somthing similar for a veg area in the near future!! great idea...

Along with the good recommendations of strains above, you really should check out a SCRog setup! Its a way of training the plant to grow along a wire or string grid, maximising the amount of buds you get, and also limits the height of the plants...for your cabinet and LED it would be perfect...if you need ideas or to see what a scrog is, check my 1st grow journal...somewhere around page 15 or so I give details of how to build one....I'm in for the ride!!! awesome job so far with your cabinet grow!!

I am also growing with the 180 watt cree led, i am on my second grow, first one not so good, planted 4 seni kush plants and 2 unknowns from my brother. 5 males one female, the one sativa female about a month away i think from being done, 10 days into 12/12 flowering like mad. 2 topp 44 and 3 white widow ( fem seeds) started now, hope it goes better,thinking of doing the 24 hours a day 1st two weeks then 12/12 to harvest, anyone try this, would like to know if it works 8 weeks instead of 4 months?. any idea's Thanks

Back
Top Bottom