1st Grow, All New Equipment, 300W Mars-Hydro & 27"x27"x63" Tent

Your going to be fine . she was just prob a lil stress from the root thing or over water maybe. But the 5 gallon is fine it's going to be huge :D

Sent from my Aquaris X5 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Much appreciated. :Namaste:

Huge... I like that.

Now you got me excited! :yahoo:

Hey nice looking setup and your plant seems to be doing better. I just subbed to watch your grow! My first grow is currently underway and seems to be just a little behind yours!

First Grow - 4x4 Tent With Mars Hydro 1200W

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey what's up huntandfish88? Thanks for subbing in.

She is doing so much better. I'll be doing an update with pics a little latter today. :morenutes:

Update #9

Tuesday February 28, 2017

This marks the beginning of week 4 from germination

This past week has been a struggle trying to nail down WTF I'm doing wrong and mostly right, but needs some refinements.

I am under the belief that I was actually under watering her. Here's why. I would give her a heavy watering and then would basically only give her a few light watering days latter on alternating days until her next weekly heavy watering with nutes. I think now I will do her weekly watering with nutes as usual and then wait 3 maybe 4 days (until the top 2-3 inches of soil is dry) and give her a heavy watering of plain water and see how she responds.

So yesterday I mixed up a 1/2 gal. brew of Root Organics Budda Grow, Amino Aide, Trinity, Ancient Amber, and Extreme Serene. I used about 1 ml. of each. which is about 40% of recommended amounts. I ph'd it today after letting it sit overnight. I went slightly high because last weeks run off was acidic. I poured the half gallon mixture around the outside area of the pot avoiding the center for 2 reasons. 1) I want to encourage outward root growth and 2) I didn't want to get any nutes on the leaves. She sucked it all up. So I decided to ph up a second 1/2 gal. of water and see if we get any run off from the 1st 1/2 gallon. After waiting about 10 min and seeing nothing it was obvious she wanted more. I figured probably another quart but the bitch took the other full jug before I started seeing any run off. Now I know I was under watering her for sure. I ph'd the run off and it's still acidic. So... When I water her next I will have to ph the water even higher. I want the run off in the 6 range and it's down in the 4-5 range. I'm not liking that.

Her are some pics I took just after feeding her a nice full gallon of H2O and nutes.
There's more in the gallery. :yummy:

IMAG085211.jpg

View image in gallery

Update #10

Thursday March 2, 2017

I was really not happy with the run off Ph level from Tuesday's watering and by Tuesday night she had sucked up all the run off so I ph'd a 1/2 gal. of water and fed that to her. This was ph'd close to 7 and I'm still getting very acidic run off so next feeding with be ph'd even higher. I poured the 2.5 cups of run off into a container and will probably use on the next feeding.

Wednesday showed more growth. The soil is very damp so she did not need to be watered. Here's a few pics from Wednesday night.

Today shows even more growth and she is stacking nicely so I pony-tailed her to get some of that undergrowth going even better. Here are some pictures to show you guys what I did and I will post some more later to show if their is any noticeable difference.

Update #11

Sunday March 5, 2017

We got several days to cover and she's been growing like crazy so lets get right to it.

Friday - I started ponytail round 2 along with some LST to get some more of the under growth going even more. Here are some pictures from Friday showing how I used wooden skewers to hold some of the sun leaves out of the way to expose more of the lower growth.

Saturday - I was going to be heading out of town for the night so I didn't do any ponytailing today. The soil however was just starting to get dry on top. She could have waited a day but since I was going out of town I decided to water her today instead of waiting. I am sure glad I did because she took a full gallon of water. No nutes exept the 20 oz. of spill over from her last feeding. She probably had about 20 oz. of run off again. Now I up'ed the ph level pretty high this time but the run off was still acidic so I will go even stronger on her next feeding. Here are some pictures just after I watered her.

Sunday - I am now back home and she is coming along very nicely and starting to grow at a nice pace. I am onto Ponytail round 3. This one has moved up a node to the next set of leaves. That's how much she has grown since Friday. I also am using the skewers to move the sun leaves again and move some of the longer branches into the open space.

Update #12

Monday March 6, 2017

Today is Day 28 from seed.
:party:
Tomorrow will be the start of week 5 and will probably be a water and nute day. I think it's time to crank up the nutes a little bit and she how she responds to the increase.

Here are some pictures from today. One with her pony tailed and a few more afterwards from both sides.

Update #13

Tuesday March 7, 2017

So Here We Are! Week 5 - Day 29

Wait till you see today's pictures and compare them to last Tuesday. This thing is growing like a weed! Pun intended. LOL

Today is feeding day and like I said yesterday... It's time to crank up them nutes. I started by sprinkling some Mykos over the soil bed and then followed it with about a teaspoon each of Oregonism XL, Uprising Grow, and Uprising Foundation. I then lightly mixed up the top soil bed with my fingers. I also mixed up a 1/2 gal. of nutrient brew. I used the following liquid nutrients from Roots Organics, Buddha Grow, Amino-Aide, Trinity, and Ancient Amber, and I increased the amounts to 1.5 ml each. I was using 1.0 ml before.

I ph'd the nutrient brew to about 8.0 and a 1/2 gal of plain water to about 6.0 in an effort to neutralize the run off. I used the plain water first and then followed it with the nute cocktail. There was a small amount of run off and it is still acidic. Does anyone know if I should be concerned with the run off ph or should I just focus on a good ph to start with on the feed side?

Here are the pictures from today. I think she's looking really nice.

Red I have the same setup. Just starting up. I would like to follow along if ok. Really like to more about ponytailing I will read up but seems really cool.
happy growing

Back
Top Bottom