1st Grow - Let's See How She Goes! - CFL Closet Grow!

Bob13567

Well I started these about 20 days ago they are in 3gal and 1 gal pots. Seeds I got from friend. They have been outside up until today. My medium is pro mix professional with a good perlite mixed in. I grew one plant before and it turned out male. So this is my second attempt I guess. I have a ph pen and my water was at 7.2 wich I thought was pretty close. This is all kinda experimental if I get anything I'll be happy and if it goes well I may invest in some better seeds next time! So here they are! Any help would be much appreciated!
420-magazine-mobile1381231674.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1872331471.jpg
420-magazine-mobile796939450.jpg
420-magazine-mobile442755204.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

1st grow let's see how she goes!

Lights are 3 23/100w 6500k cfls I have a fourth but don't have a bulb for it yet. I was considering getting a 300w ufo led but would like to see if I can do it before I spend money on it.

Re: 1st grow let's see how she goes!

I'm here! First on deck... I'll be the first to say good luck to you. Your plants are in good hands, the folks here will make sure we get you to harvest.

What are you nutrients? Any feedings yet? You'll want to keep a close eye on those cfls, your plants will outgrow the gap between them and the bulb In a day sometimes. That's my only warning...ive learned from my mistakes by burning leaves and growth tips. LEDs are great, but it's wise to start with cfls to get the hang of things before moving on to bigger and better things.

Did I say good luck yet, as always...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thanks snid glad to have some help! no nutrients yet not really sure what to use as I'm pretty much limited to what I can find at Canadian tire or Walmart. What kind of npk values am I looking for during veg ?

Does your promix start with nutes in it? If you are willing to mix up ingredients into a tea, you can use...
-worm castings - bat guano - manures - kelp meal - Epsom salts- bone meal - blood meal. All these are organic ways to go. A good all around NPK fertilizer will do but is not the best. If no other options are available then get some 10-10-10. It's not going to give control over the intake of what is needed at different stages but it will get them started. For a cheap cannabis proven line of nutes I like General Organics, I set my buddy up with the "Go Box" which contains a sampling of their entire line. Enough nutes for several small grows, it's like 70 bucks Canadian. I use advanced nutrients, which is considerably more expensive. My buddy has seen an instant turnaround for his plants, he was using miracle grow all purpose plant food before. Most important thing is having control... As far as NPK values for veg. I'm not sure specifically. It's important to get the micro nutrients aswell. Calcium and magnesium most importantly. There's a few nutrient sponsors on here aswell. Check out sns nutrients in the sponsor page. They offer free samples of their entire line for USA customers. This includes their pest control products.

That Should get you pointed in the right direction, are there any hydro shops near you. The store keepers usually know a thing or two about growing.

Yes I think it did have a small amount of nutes and it had the mycroactive or whatever it is lol. As for hydro shops I don't know of any.

I would have guessed there was some. These girls are at week 3 and are now starting to run out of food in the soil. Evident by the yellowing that has started. The mycocorizae or whatever is a root boosting substrate amendment. The promix Potting soil and the veggie promix has about 3 weeks of food for seedlings. If online shopping is not a big issue for you then check eBay or Amazon for some prices to help make a decision on whether to go with all purpose feed for this round or get some cannabis specific nutrients.

The yellowing may also be from them being outside it has been very very hot around here lately

1st Grow Let's See How She Goes! CFL Closet Grow!

Well they are looking good today. I am thinking I will Fim them all I was thinking I would only do two but then I don't know wether they are gonna be girls or boys so I better just Fim them all. Do they look ready to be fimmed or should I wait until I'm going to put them into flower? Are they big enough to Fim ?

420-magazine-mobile1765356737.jpg
420-magazine-mobile699861763.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1109511026.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom