1st Grow

BlueberyBlaze

I'm not going to act like this isn't the most underfunded grow that i'm doing in my 9 by 7 foot room in the middle of the city. I got a sunblaze 22 light that i acquired and decided put it to good use. Definitely been doing my homework before hand but still got some questions i haven't come across.

2 24 watt 2 foot T5 high output fluorescent fixture. Starting so far in a 1.5 foot wide box that i rigged the light into with some duct tape and lined with tin foil, dull side facing the plants :) Germinated the seeds in a paper towel and got 3 i'm using, one just sprouting out, one 1/4in and one 1/2in. Putting them in styrofoam cups with miracle grow potting mix (only thing they had at fleet farm that sounded right) that says .21-.07-.14. My first question is when i plant them do i water it down pretty good after i put the seeds in the soil. And how do i know is enough water. Second do they go directly under the light or do they need darkness until they sprout.

Then i have some Bonide liquid plant food cause it was the only 10-10-10 i could find. It says use 7 drops in one quart of water everytime you water your plant. But i'm sure when they made those directions they weren't thinking about growing bud. So what would you recommend for using that. And lastly a few others i was wondering, how big should i expect the roots to be compared to the plant size. How far away from the plants can i have a light like that. And how important is ventilation because i have the box covered with a sheet right now A. to hide and cover the light at night B. to keep heat in cause its cold this time of year.

Putting them in styrofoam cups with miracle grow potting mix (only thing they had at fleet farm that sounded right) that says .21-.07-.14. My first question is when i plant them do i water it down pretty good after i put the seeds in the soil. And how do i know is enough water. Second do they go directly under the light or do they need darkness until they sprout.

Question 1 - You keep the soil damp, Just judge, Stick your finger in a little bit and if its damp, good, If not, Water. I normally judge from Top soil.

Question 2 - Light, Light, Light, Light. If they've sprouted. Light.

Then i have some Bonide liquid plant food cause it was the only 10-10-10 i could find. It says use 7 drops in one quart of water everytime you water your plant. But i'm sure when they made those directions they weren't thinking about growing bud. So what would you recommend for using that. And lastly a few others i was wondering, how big should i expect the roots to be compared to the plant size. How far away from the plants can i have a light like that. And how important is ventilation because i have the box covered with a sheet right now A. to hide and cover the light at night B. to keep heat in cause its cold this time of year.

Question 3 - Stick your hand under the light and bring it up as close to the light to the point of discomfort, If it discomforts you, It discomforts the plants.

Question 4 - Ventilation is important, if you have heat? (I dont really see the NEED for ventilation if your running a constant decent temp?) Get a thermometer and see what your temp's at. If its about around 79, then you need ventilation.

If your running to cold, Get a regular incadecent light bulb and put it in there, Its not good for growing but they get pretty hot, Good for heat in a small space.

I believe I have answered your questions sufficiently?

very helpful ^.^ So does that mean i should keep it under constant light until it sprouts and then go to 16/8 that i'm going to do. should i let it have darkness before it comes out of the ground. Thanks for the tip on the regular bulb, i was wondering what to do about that. And do you have any recommendations for the nutrients. I've heard to wait a few weeks before adding any and at half strength. So does that mean about 3-4 drops every time i water the plants?

Back
Top Bottom