What am I doing wrong?

JHead420

Hi Everyone! I have a couple growing questions again. Which is the best seeds to plant...the white or dark ones? Also, how deep should it be in the soil? I have a a few plants growing in another plant that I bought to camoflaugh it since it's in my kitchen window...it seems like i can't get the to grow over 4 or 5 inches and it seems like they die out....I ran out of fuel oil (heat) in my home so I'm using a couple little portable heaters and I can only get it about 65 degrees in my house...could that be a problem. Also, I had a black light fixture I put above the window sill about a foot from the plants and I read here that black lights don't work well so I took out the bulb and got a flourescent replacement (spiral kind - 16 inches long) but it's only 15 watts...do I need a stronger bulb or do I need it closer to the plants. I also sometimes run a fan on them but hasn't seem much growing since I did that....can anyone give me ideas on how to make them grow better or what I'm doing wrong. Also, how much should i water them. I had a few growing ok for awhile (baby weed) but they seemed to dry up but I've been putting a shot glass of water in it almost everyday.

:tommy:

First of all 70 d f+h is the best temp for pot growing. Black lights don't work great, the flourcent light should work as long as you have them close enough to the plants. The dark seeds are the best, the brown ones with black jagged lines on them are the best. If you're not looking for a preticular kind then seeds outta your stash will work. If the plants are just sprouts you need to have the light very close to the plant. Otherwise, your stems will become weak and droop and the plant will die. When they sprout, you know if they'll grow good or not if when the plant sprouts the stem in a dark purple or thick sturdy stem, not a thin light green. You should germenate the seeds by placing them in a cup with about 1/4 inch of water that's warm and cover it with plastic wrap. When they sprout, plant them in seed starting soil about 1/2 inch under the top of the soil. Let a jug of water sit out for at least 24 hours so the chlorine in your tap water completley evaporates because pot plants don't like chlorine. Hope this helps... peace out

Thanks!

Thanks old smokey...I moved my florescent down closer to the plant but was only able to mount my light a few inches closer so now it still about 9-10 inches from plant so still not sure if it's close enough..I might have to rearange some things to get the light closer to the plants...I'm going to store some water in a jub like you should to and water them with that and see if that helps...my question is...should I store the jug in the fridge and keep it cold or keep it out and keep it and try to make it warm...also, they are only about 4 inches and the stem is thin and limp like you said...so therefore as they are now should I water them more or back off becuase I read that you can overwater them when they are not strong enough...let me know what you think! And thanks again!

:tommy:

yeah i would put them in another place for now. the cold comes through the glass of the window so it may be colder near the plants. also leave the flouresnt on 18 hours or all day because i dont think the photoperiod is right yet for veg.

another thing is u might be drowning them make sure to use a pot with drainage and dont over water but that wont be a problem if there is another plant in the pot sucking up all the water iy might be that also it is not good to move the plants roots so get it started then move it during the night some time only once though

i learned from fucking up and a little reading and some big homies i once when i was sixteen burnt my roots with miracle grow i figured the more the better

yo window bad luck

last year in the summer i grew 3 plants on my window for more than 4 months which turned out to be female but out of the 3 plants i only got an ounce which is horrible and the weed was bunk

Back
Top Bottom