First time grow, how am I doing?

junglebuds

Hello 420! I am new so Bare with me...

I planted the seed directly into this Hydroton 24 days ago. I am just using air to lift the water to the top of the hydroton through a 3/8" rigid tube. There is about 2 gallons of water in the bottom of the bucket with a 4" bubble disk.

I am very new at this and I am starting to build a couple grow cabinets. As soon as I have time I will post some photos of the build and keep a journal on here so anyone can learn from my mistakes.

Lighting is a new 36" quad T5 HO aquarium light with saltwater aquarium bulbs in it. 2 are 420nm Actinic Blue and the other 2 are 10,000K (its what I had) What color bulbs would you recommend for this fixture? The plant seems to be loving this light. I have it on for 18 hours a day and it is hanging about 5" above the top of the plant.

Right now I am using a 4 stage 100gpd RODI unit to filter the tap water before use and the TDS meter I have says there are 0ppm of dissolved solids right out of the filter. As I understand it is very easy to nut burn seedlings so instead of using nutrients for hydroponics to start I decided to use these AquaVitro nutrients that I use for my planted Fish Aquarium. (More info on these here: Website) I am using all of them except for mineralize, premier and carbonate. I dose these at about 10-15 times stronger than what the bottle says. (aquatic plants are not as demanding)

So my question is this:
Does this plant look healthy and does it look like it needs anything?
photo24_zpsa06acab9.jpg

photo23_zps11a0e2eb.jpg

Thanks for reading and thanks for any feedback.

GIANT Fan Leaves! I hope this is good!

Its been about 19 days since the last photos, just seeing if this is normal... First time grow and all.

I switched to GH Flora 3 part at about 800ppm and pH is adjusted to 5.5, water temp is 68F and air is around 70 (its cold here) and I change 5 of the 14 gallons in the res every 2 days

Also switched to a 400W 4200K MH light

Oh, and GO COLORADO!! So glad I live in this beautiful state!

photo25.jpg

photo27.jpg

photo26.jpg

Looks good to me ! Nice big leaves. What strain is it ?

A friend of mine gave me the seeds, they are out of a Blue Dream plant crossed with something else he was not sure of... It was all I had and good for a trial run, next time I will order better feminized seeds.

And I can not believe how big the leaves are and they seem to be bigger every day!

Are you a reefer? If so, you will do just fine, trust me... I used to breed coral and only needed to get something good for flowering, I am using a ton of old gear including my Reefkeeper Digi Box.

JAFO

Got new lights today! Its 600W mh/hps I will be posting photos of it in action soon! Also going to start a journal this weekend I'm starting a 4 bucket RDWC with clones from this plant. Plan on doing the ScrOG method with the 600W light.

Are you a reefer? If so, you will do just fine, trust me... I used to breed coral and only needed to get something good for flowering, I am using a ton of old gear including my Reefkeeper Digi Box.

JAFO

Yes! I still am a reefer. Also have a couple planted tanks

Sorry for the upside down/sideways pics...

Okay so here is my stats:
Bag Seed (blue dream crossed with unknown)
RDWC with 10 gal res
GH Flora 3 part Nutes at 900ppm
pH 5.5-5.9
Water Temp: 64-68F
I use RODI water (0ppm)
She's under a 600W MH

I personally have never seen such large fan leaves... They are 12"+ Any comments/feedback welcome!!!

JUNGLE

Back
Top Bottom