First time, just want to know if this looks good or not

junglebuds

I planted the seed directly into this Hydroton 24 days ago. I am just using air to lift the water to the top of the hydroton through a 3/8" rigid tube. There is about 2 gallons of water in the bottom of the bucket with a 4" bubble disk.

I am very new at this and I am starting to build a couple grow cabinets. As soon as I have time I will post some photos of the build and keep a journal on here so anyone can learn from my mistakes.

Lighting is a new 36" quad T5 HO aquarium light with saltwater aquarium bulbs in it. 2 are 420nm Actinic Blue and the other 2 are 10,000K (its what I had) What color bulbs would you recommend for this fixture? The plant seems to be loving this light. I have it on for 18 hours a day and it is hanging about 5" above the top of the plant.

Right now I am using a 4 stage 100gpd RODI unit to filter the tap water before use and the TDS meter I have says there are 0ppm of dissolved solids right out of the filter. As I understand it is very easy to nut burn seedlings so instead of using nutrients for hydroponics to start I decided to use these AquaVitro nutrients that I use for my planted Fish Aquarium. (More info on these here: Website) I am using all of them except for mineralize, premier and carbonate. I dose these at about 10-15 times stronger than what the bottle says. (aquatic plants are not as demanding)

So my question is this:
photo24_zpsa06acab9.jpg

photo23_zps11a0e2eb.jpg

Does this plant look healthy and does it look like it needs anything?

Thanks for reading and thanks for any feedback.

Back
Top Bottom