1st Self Grown Grow

420-magazine-mobile597797844.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2014321937.jpg

My humble 32"x32"x63" tent. Just to give you an idea for space relative to the heat from lights,fans etc.
420-magazine-mobile1078391077.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Wow Dog! Those fat-ass leaves? What strain is that? Very indica looking. Healthy too. :thumb:

N2S, you need to get one of these:
afg-temps.JPG

Like Doggie Daddy said, RH between 40-60% is ideal for vegging. I live in the south US so mine can range from 20% to 90% and I have no control over it. The plants still do good as long as there are no prolonged periods of too low or too high RH.

When I started growing I would lightly sandpaper the edges of seeds, soak them in RO water, put in paper towels etc... For the past few years I just put the seed straight in moistened ProMix in a 16oz plastic cup. I have 100% success rate with my seedling over the last few packs of seeds I have popped. As long as the seeds are healthy and viable, I think it is better to go straight to the dirt with them. Handling them once they have popped has more room for error IMO. This is just my "slacker" style but it is working great for me.

Get some good soil or a soil-less mix like ProMix or whatever is available in your region. That is a BIG part of successful growing.

Seeds taken straight from original packaging and placed about 3/4" deep in a cup of moistened (now soaked) dirt and BOING!
ak47-7days.JPG

Seeds in germination phase (in cupowater) have sunk. No sign of taproots. 24hrs I since placed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

All 6 have spit a taproot in the cupowater. Small, yet definately are visible. When is best to plant into good soil?

I would do it as soon as possible. The small root protruding is very sensitive. Use tweezers on the seed casing to move it. A starter soil with no added nutrients and straight water to water the cup. Wet the cup of soil before placing the sprout or watering it in could dislodge it. About 1/2-1" deep works. Just rake the dirt back over the sprout hole, do not pack the dirt any over the sprout.

I have happy frog and roots organic from last years outdoor garden. Will this suffice for planting these germinated seeds, as I have enough to do so...

It's 81.2 degrees in grow area. It's 23 degrees outside. Having a difficult time keeping Temps between 75 and 80 to mimic spring time condition. I'm afraid during the day that Temps are going to spike too high!...

N2s I've dealt with temps up to 84 and haven't come across any problems with my cfl's. Although my rh is pretty steady between 40 and 60. I have noticed with a pretty consistent rh my plants dont have any heat issues even with my cheap ass exhaust system. Looking good man, keep up the good work!

If you're up to it, you can drill some holes in those reflectors to let the heat out from the cfls.

Sent from my SM-G355M using 420
Damn, I never thought of that.

Damn, I never thought of that.

True. Though precious lumens would escape. Temp still hovering just above 80. Humidity is dry as I anticipated....

I stumbled across this at Ocean state job lot for $4.

420-magazine-mobile990308393.jpg

That's a pretty cool looking spot for your babies. As long as you don't have any light leaks.

That's a pretty cool looking spot for your babies. As long as you don't have any light leaks.

Shower in my room brought humidity up. Now got my multicooker fryer simmering water in room also.

I do need to enclose the space and make it seal light in more. What material think would be safest and effective??
420-magazine-mobile216655203.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2047663684.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1960827081.jpg

Turning all lights other than grow to see with my eyes how much light extends in directions not in path with plants.... then what to use to enclose light so that it is beamed onto plants as much as possible...?..

Back
Top Bottom