1st time grower can use some help with nutrient solution.

redny

Hello all.

I am a first time grower and am very excited, it is something I have always wanted to do.

I have read through some of the posts on this site and feel lucky to have so much help available.

I have a Ecogrower 6 plant spider system with a 17 gallon reservoir and a Sunleaves duel 400 watt MH and HPS light system.

I have just started germinating and am in the process of mixing my first reservoir of solution. I have a 17 gallon reservoir and am a little confused about how to use my EC meter and how to mix the solution I have flora grow, flora micro and flora bloom.

If anyone can advise me on how to mix the solution and what EC level it should be at. I understand the ph needs to be between 5.5 and 6.5 but am not sure what the EC should be. When I test the water without any nutrients the meter reads 0.-what should it read after I add the Flora Grow and Flora Micro?

Thanks in advance for any help..

Re: !st time grower can use some help with nutrient solution....

Hello all.

I am a first time grower and am very excited, it is something I have always wanted to do.

I have read through some of the posts on this site and feel lucky to have so much help available.

I have a Ecogrower 6 plant spider system with a 17 gallon reservoir and a Sunleaves duel 400 watt MH and HPS light system.

I have just started germinating and am in the process of mixing my first reservoir of solution. I have a 17 gallon reservoir and am a little confused about how to use my EC meter and how to mix the solution I have flora grow, flora micro and flora bloom.

If anyone can advise me on how to mix the solution and what EC level it should be at. I understand the ph needs to be between 5.5 and 6.5 but am not sure what the EC should be. When I test the water without any nutrients the meter reads 0.-what should it read after I add the Flora Grow and Flora Micro?

Thanks in advance for any help..

In hydro you want your PH at a steady 5.7, with your meter you should be fine.

I start my seedlings on just PH ajusted water for a week or so after popping their heads out.
Then i raise my nute solution to the EC of 0.4 to 0.7 it depends on how their lookin, steadly rise the EC to 1.4 max before induceing flowering.
In flowering i step up a bit with my bloom nutes from 1.4 to around 2.0 and finishing up around 2.7 to 2.9 before flush.
Hope this makes sence m8 just after a lung :peace:

In hydro you want your PH at a steady 5.7, with your meter you should be fine.

I start my seedlings on just PH ajusted water for a week or so after popping their heads out.
Then i raise my nute solution to the EC of 0.4 to 0.7 it depends on how their lookin, steadly rise the EC to 1.4 max before induceing flowering.
In flowering i step up a bit with my bloom nutes from 1.4 to around 2.0 and finishing up around 2.7 to 2.9 before flush.
Hope this makes sence m8 just after a lung :peace:

Yup. Starting the seedlings out gently is the best way to go. They're just too temperamental at that stage. They can die off before they even get started if you're loading them with anything else.

Strain Hunter - I agree with your advice. Sounds like you know what you're doing and those grow journals are awesome. Glad to see someone on these forums who knows what they're doing and are willing to help the newer folks out.

:nicethread:

Yup. Starting the seedlings out gently is the best way to go. They're just too temperamental at that stage. They can die off before they even get started if you're loading them with anything else.

Strain Hunter - I agree with your advice. Sounds like you know what you're doing and those grow journals are awesome. Glad to see someone on these forums who knows what they're doing and are willing to help the newer folks out.

:nicethread:

Thanks man, i would'nt and go as far as saying i know what im doing lol, but im gettin there, cheers for stopping by my journal man, see ya around m8 :peace:

Good morning All.

I still cant seem to get this nutrient solution right.
I added the nuts as specified, mixed it around and then took a EC reading,
I got reading of 0us- could this be right?
I am using flora grow and flora micro.... any help would be appreciated....

Have a great:cool: day!!!

Good morning All.

I still cant seem to get this nutrient solution right.
I added the nuts as specified, mixed it around and then took a EC reading,
I got reading of 0us- could this be right?
I am using flora grow and flora micro.... any help would be appreciated....

Have a great:cool: day!!!

No, if you've added nutes to water you should be gettin a reading.

Did your EC meater come pre callabrated ?
Do you have a PH meater ?

Your gona need to get yourself some PH and EC callabration fluid, i callabrate my testers every month or so to keep me right, but you should be a reading.

Read the instructions to see if your doin, or not doin somthing.

Oh and always be wary of the nute maufactures guidelines, i always go by my EC reading not the guidelines, its better puttin less in than overdoin it ya know. :peace:

Hey Redny, I am using those same nutes. I haven't tested my ph yet, but my plant isn't mad at me. I say follow the bottle, when I started I only had micro and grow ended up with some burn so I flushed overnight and got the bloom. no prob since, and I am in my 4th week of bloom right now@ 26" tall and almost 40" wide. Just keeping things simple...Good luck and happy growing..

Hey Redny, I am using those same nutes. I haven't tested my ph yet, but my plant isn't mad at me. I say follow the bottle, when I started I only had micro and grow ended up with some burn so I flushed overnight and got the bloom. no prob since, and I am in my 4th week of bloom right now@ 26" tall and almost 40" wide. Just keeping things simple...Good luck and happy growing..

Why follow the bottle if it results in nute burn and unnessary stress on your girls, imo you should start as weak as 1/4 strength and when your girls look like they can handle a more aggressive feeding scedule bump it up a notch, you should get NO nute burn :peace:

I like to make mine so hot they look like roman torches....JK....well not really..
Im assuming your adding micro first then bloom and grow seperately.
but not for nothing...you should get SOME kind of reading

so just a quick update- We put all 6 seedlings in the 6 plant spider drip ecorgrower and turned on the pump and the lights. Working on this project with a friend and he had already mixed the solutions per instructions on bottle and it is being sprayed on plants ?

so just a quick update- We put all 6 seedlings in the 6 plant spider drip ecorgrower and turned on the pump and the lights. Working on this project with a friend and he had already mixed the solutions per instructions on bottle and it is being sprayed on plants ?

Where you able to get an EC reading m8 ?

Hey strain hunter, What burned the plants was ignorance on my part in the fact that ALL three parts were needed from the beginning, not the strength of the nutes, but the deficit thereof. The flush was for the lockout I had caused.

Ive never used a 3 part sollution but to me it seems like simple logic that if you added just two parts and you got nute burn adding the third when you where supposed to would have made it worse or am i lost on this completly lol :peace:

Ive never used a 3 part sollution but to me it seems like simple logic that if you added just two parts and you got nute burn adding the third when you where supposed to would have made it worse or am i lost on this completly lol :peace:

Ive used the 3 part myself and know it well. If you dont add micro first you will get lockout. but that doesnt explain the meter reading 0 EC. something else is caiseing the meter issues...dime to a dollar.

Ive used the 3 part myself and know it well. If you dont add micro first you will get lockout. but that doesnt explain the meter reading 0 EC. something else is caiseing the meter issues...dime to a dollar.

So do ya add micro on its own when first start feeding, then step up to grow on its own, and so on ?

Yea about the meter, if its calabrated, turned on and theres nutes in the water what could it be apart from being a faulty meter ?

So do ya add micro on its own when first start feeding, then step up to grow on its own, and so on ?

Yea about the meter, if its calabrated, turned on and theres nutes in the water what could it be apart from being a faulty meter ?

add Micro first...mix it up.....add bloom and grow.....mix it up.
check your PPM or EC...if no reading then change the batteries...happend all the time. if not then its a faulty monitor.
If the monitor is dead then just use the recomend amounts on the chart...I promise it will work, I didnt use a monitor for the 1st grow

The PH monitor must work...you need to adjust the ph after the nutes are mixed up.
I dont know if hes using a seperate PH pen..hope so..PH is the ONLY thing you need to keep in the range. Dont hold it at 1 PH...let it cycle from 5.5 to 6.2 over the week, different macro nutes are absorbed at different PH levels

Hello All

I have not written in a week, and appreciate all the advice I received on my last post.

I have fixed my EC meter and bought a pH meter.

I was hoping someone could help me decide what we need to do next.

We placed our 6 newly germinated seeds directly on top of the clay pebbles, which sit inside a "cocotek" liner and covered with a "cocotek Cap: turned the lights(400 w MH) on and have been waiting. It has been a week and we can see 4 of the 6 have small stems and two little leaves the other two we can see the white root but still no green. Is it to early to tell if those 2 which are not really doing anything are dead or should we give them a little more time. Also the ones with the small green leaves look a little brown on the tips of leaves.

My camera broke so I have no pictures but was hoping someone can give me a time frame, and let me know if I should have waited longer before putting them nto the Ecorgower System

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks RedNY;)

Why follow the bottle if it results in nute burn and unnessary stress on your girls, imo you should start as weak as 1/4 strength and when your girls look like they can handle a more aggressive feeding scedule bump it up a notch, you should get NO nute burn :peace:

I've never understood this as well.

It's so easy to 'bump it up a notch' as the plant can take it, rather than starting out full bore with the nutes on seedlings/clones that have underdeveloped root systems and the ensuing "Help! I fried my plants, what to do?" threads.

DD

Hello All

I have not written in a week, and appreciate all the advice I received on my last post.

I have fixed my EC meter and bought a pH meter.

I was hoping someone could help me decide what we need to do next.

We placed our 6 newly germinated seeds directly on top of the clay pebbles, which sit inside a "cocotek" liner and covered with a "cocotek Cap: turned the lights(400 w MH) on and have been waiting. It has been a week and we can see 4 of the 6 have small stems and two little leaves the other two we can see the white root but still no green. Is it to early to tell if those 2 which are not really doing anything are dead or should we give them a little more time. Also the ones with the small green leaves look a little brown on the tips of leaves.

My camera broke so I have no pictures but was hoping someone can give me a time frame, and let me know if I should have waited longer before putting them nto the Ecorgower System

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks RedNY;)

I think you have a couple dead seeds

Back
Top Bottom