1st Time Hydro Grow Question

TheObserver

Hey Guys-

First time hydro grower here. I got a space that's about 46"x33" large and am planning to have 2 plants growing under a 600W light source (I can have the option to do 3 but think the space is better suited for two). Now, I have never done an indoor grow and have had the majority of my experience growing outdoors. Would you guys recommend doing 3 plants for this space and would you recommend pruning or letting it go natural?

Thanks,

-i

I believe you are on track. If you are using a 600w; Tha space is going to fill up. You can get as much out of 2 as you can 3-4 in a cramped space. Make sure you provide adequate ventilation, and keep the temps correct. :)

I believe you are on track. If you are using a 600w; Tha space is going to fill up. You can get as much out of 2 as you can 3-4 in a cramped space. Make sure you provide adequate ventilation, and keep the temps correct. :)

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I am going to stick with 2. The temps is something I'm still trying to dial in...the final frontier. I have a great ventilation setup but I have yet to find the sweet spot for how intense to set the fan controller. Right now it's right on the line between Medium and High and with that I get 86 under the light (2.5') and about 70 in the overall space. Any suggestions or do you think that's good? I also have my seedlings in a dome at this point so it's much warmer inside the dome. Their taproots are getting pretty long so I think I'll transplant to the DWC buckets in the next day.

Thanks for the reply,

-i

I think you will be OK. Of the highest temp reading is at 65 degrees, and you have a radiant temp of 70 throughout the grow; You will be fine. I would suggest having a decent oscillating fan dedicated to blowing the air in between the lamp, and the top of the canopy. :)

I'm doing 2 plants in 2m x 2m tent under 600w, I keep them in the center of the tent so I can walk around them and do whatever I need with easy access, you can have up to 5 of each strain in a single bubbler depending on how long you veg them, use a long piece of timber wrap in aluminium tape and train them on that would be easier, check my links in my sig and you see what I mean for the setup

i find any space i use is always too small.

on paper it works, but into flower it gets cramped and no room to walk around. i went 2.5 feet by 2.5 feet for a single auto flower under a 400 watt and it ended up bushing out to just over 2 feet diameter and 2.5 feet tall. and some of the heavier branches would lean over and touch the walls. ended up having to tie them up.

needless to say it seems if you give them the space, they'll use it.

however, yours seems fine, as long as you dont have to get behind them.

The space I use is 2m x 2m that comes to just over 6' x 6' with lights covering 1m/Sq in center, they won't grow out of that 1m/Sq by much as they will be going for the light, but in 2.5 x 2.5 with a light that can cover 2.5+ Sq/ft you would have branches going everywhere :)

on paper it works, but into flower it gets cramped and no room to walk around. i went 2.5 feet by 2.5 feet for a single auto flower under a 400 watt and it ended up bushing out to just over 2 feet diameter and 2.5 feet tall. and some of the heavier branches would lean over and touch the walls. ended up having to tie them up.

LOL. Been there, done that.

I hear ya! No space is big enough. :D

Back
Top Bottom