1st timer over here - help me out please

Re: 1st timer over here...help me out please

Thank you for your quick responses! Again much respect and thanks to Tassie.

Rooster- I cut them about 2 weeks ago and have then In a jiffy pot seed starter using the peat pucks it came with
no nutes up until 3 days ago when i noticed the yellowing getting worse than last time(3rd clone attempt)
the 1st died due to lack of moisture so I put a little Phd water in the bottom just to where the peat touches it to soak up and the 2nd attempt worked however I didnt let them go very long as I had taken them from a plant that turned out male...I ripped the peat open and it had a cluster of root growth and the one big fan leaves had fully yellowed with fresh green new growth, they were right at 2 weeks when i pulled them as well...

Now this time around I know I have females I cloned right after the first white hairs started showing

Same set up- Clonex gel Jiffy Peat Pucks Humidity dome w/100w CFL about 3 inches over the top of the dome
temp stays in mid-high 70s so im sure a little warmer in the dome

It started yellowing Like "normal" comparing to last time so I started taking the lid off for a while and the yellowing spread to other leaves and stems turned reddish purple so I mixed a Big Bloom foliar mixture and sprayed it 3 days ago, once in the evening then again in the morning...i was able to leave the dome off for about an hour yesterday but then they started drooping so I covered them again an they stood back up...but new growth looks sick and stunted and the very clear yellowing you see here???

Thank you for your quick responses! Again much respect and thanks to Tassie.

Rooster- I cut them about 2 weeks ago and have then In a jiffy pot seed starter using the peat pucks it came with
no nutes up until 3 days ago when i noticed the yellowing getting worse than last time(3rd clone attempt)
the 1st died due to lack of moisture so I put a little Phd water in the bottom just to where the peat touches it to soak up and the 2nd attempt worked however I didnt let them go very long as I had taken them from a plant that turned out male...I ripped the peat open and it had a cluster of root growth and the one big fan leaves had fully yellowed with fresh green new growth, they were right at 2 weeks when i pulled them as well...

Now this time around I know I have females I cloned right after the first white hairs started showing

Same set up- Clonex gel Jiffy Peat Pucks Humidity dome w/100w CFL about 3 inches over the top of the dome
temp stays in mid-high 70s so im sure a little warmer in the dome

It started yellowing Like "normal" comparing to last time so I started taking the lid off for a while and the yellowing spread to other leaves and stems turned reddish purple so I mixed a Big Bloom foliar mixture and sprayed it 3 days ago, once in the evening then again in the morning...i was able to leave the dome off for about an hour yesterday but then they started drooping so I covered them again an they stood back up...but new growth looks sick and stunted and the very clear yellowing you see here???

Ok so this is what I think...

Hold off on the nutes ASAP, keep them moist (NOT SOAKING) with PH'ed water in an attempt to balance things out. is there so holes in your domes as they need to exchange a bit of air to help keep the temp down.

it is common for the fan leafs to turn yellow and die as the clone feeds off these leafs for the first bit but in your case the new growth looks sick and this tells me the clone is taking strain, in terms of getting a solution i would say for now do a Factory default reset until she recovers so no nutes and and make sure the PH is balanced (around 6.0 should do it) as incorrect PH has major affects on a plant!

One last thing when you cut the clone did you score the bottom sides of the stem before you applied the clonex...please shed some more light on the exact process you follow to cut and plant your clones...

I am sure we will get to the bottom of your problem

:420:

Awesome thank you Rooster!

There are currently no holes in it but that will change momentarily lol

My process my be where it got me, Ive been looking up everything I can about clones and I think it went wrong from the beginning

I took the very bottom branches right off the stalk
I snipped at an angle just below where the lil stems were branching and clipped the branches as well....however I DID NOT scuff it up at all nor did I make my actual cut under water...

A lot of people are saying to make the cut under water or I can get air in the stem, my question to that is how long would it take to die if this happens. One would think they wouldnt make it 2 weeks or am I wrong?

Awesome thank you Rooster!

There are currently no holes in it but that will change momentarily lol

My process my be where it got me, Ive been looking up everything I can about clones and I think it went wrong from the beginning

I took the very bottom branches right off the stalk
I snipped at an angle just below where the lil stems were branching and clipped the branches as well....however I DID NOT scuff it up at all nor did I make my actual cut under water...

A lot of people are saying to make the cut under water or I can get air in the stem, my question to that is how long would it take to die if this happens. One would think they wouldn't make it 2 weeks or am I wrong?

If you did not "clone" it right it would last between 1 and 2 weeks, Te reason is that new roots from from the bottom where you made the cut but because you did sot scrap the bottom part not enough roots form to sustain it for new growth to continue past this point...

Hope this makes scene.

Makes perfect sense, again thank you. Hopefully at least one of these takes cause the mothers too far into flower. I did leave one tiny branch at the bottom just in case. It still doesn't have a flower on it, think I could still use it? Or too much stress from switching photoperiod again?

Makes perfect sense, again thank you. Hopefully at least one of these takes cause the mothers too far into flower. I did leave one tiny branch at the bottom just in case. It still doesn't have a flower on it, think I could still use it? Or too much stress from switching photoperiod again?

Awe

I have taken MANY successful clones from plants in flower, just make sure you follow the guidelines when cloning and then Put her under 24/0 light, she might stall growth longer than when you take it form the veg stage but it does flip back to veg!!

IMHO all my clones that i have taken from the flower stage has been MUCH stronger than any from the veg stage i have done.

Well enjoy my friend, Please feel free to ask any time you need help

:420: 4 Life!!!

Well thank you Insanerooster...Since you mention it lol...

I'm still having an issue with my mother....

I have the evil claw from too much N

orange tips curled up on some of the very top leaves

and this...looks like K def??

Just an update on my clones...Since I put the air holes in there i actually had some new action in the clone dome and they started greening up for a day and a half and then started yellowing again and one dropped a leaf....I actually sprayed it with Big Bloom Foliar feeding again twice before bed and this morning the yellowing had ceased and they started to green again!

Then just now I checked them again and one has 3 roots shooting out of the peat pellets about a half inch on each one!

These roots grew out within a 5 hour period of me checking them randomly...

Ok so 3 of the original 4 have blown roots out the side of my peat pucks...2 have been put into my soil mixture, new and improved Now has dolomite lime lol
1 is doing extremely well and making me proud, it actually reverted back to green as oppose to the other one just growing new leaves

But wait, there's more!! Right now for a limited time I have a bag seed AK47 that has germinated and has been stuck in a puck as well!!

I will be journaling my next grow with videos on YouTube as well. I went ham on my room yesterday and made it ghetto professional lol

Posting pics soon

Pray to the ganja gods for me everybody!

Just an update on my clones...Since I put the air holes in there i actually had some new action in the clone dome and they started greening up for a day and a half and then started yellowing again and one dropped a leaf....I actually sprayed it with Big Bloom Foliar feeding again twice before bed and this morning the yellowing had ceased and they started to green again!

Then just now I checked them again and one has 3 roots shooting out of the peat pellets about a half inch on each one!

Sweet!! good to here they are turning green again. When you take big leaf clones they tend to take more foliar feeding. Outstanding. Keep it up and you will have junior plants in no time.

Good morning Lucky, looks like you're ontop of you grow, and got the help you need.

Outstanding mate!

Thanks to CO for stepping in when I couldn't.

Have a good day mate.

Morning all! Thank you for all your help so far, I'm sure I'll have more questions, but for now all clones have rooted and since been put into some cups to get started. New growth seems extremely slow though, the previously yellow areas of the leaves are a whitish color but I still have some green leaves and some tiny lil baby greens so they're still alive for sure...I just don't have anything to previously go on ya know

I have also stumbled into a Trainwreck seed as well...germinated and sprouting already :Namaste:

Morning all! Thank you for all your help so far, I'm sure I'll have more questions, but for now all clones have rooted and since been put into some cups to get started. New growth seems extremely slow though, the previously yellow areas of the leaves are a whitish color but I still have some green leaves and some tiny lil baby greens so they're still alive for sure...I just don't have anything to previously go on ya know

I have also stumbled into a Trainwreck seed as well...germinated and sprouting already :Namaste:

A very good day to you...

good to hear your clones are doing well, hope that twainwreck will pop!!!

Best and Blessed to you and keep the Questions coming!!

:)

Alriight guys n gals! Sorry I took so long, life sneaks up on ya sometimes lol.

Unfortunately I believe I lost one of my clones...almost all leaves have dried and fallen off...still has some green in it but doesn't seem promising...
CAM00206_1_.jpg

The other 3 look "ok" I guess...1 does have some nice little sprouts coming off of it..the other 2 just seem to be "there" lol
CAM00205_1_.jpg
CAM00204_1_.jpg
CAM00203_1_.jpg

My Trainwreck seedling is looking beautiful, however it does have a little bit of orange spotting at the very tip of the largest leaf...it was a little close to the light the other day so I raised it a little bit and it hasn't gotten any worse so I'm not sure if that was it...

I fed it some Big Bloom according to the schedule for seedlings and I think it looks great...considering a light feed of Grow Big but I'm still flipping the coin on that one...
CAM00202_1_.jpg

And last but not least!! My currently flowering bagseed Skunk is on week 9 of flower as of tomorrow...hairs are starting to turn amber on several bud sites and my main stalk has almost filled in to 1 bud...I fell like I need more light though, I know it's supposed to plump up towards the end, but I'm on week 9 and they're still like popcorn nuggets...smell great and pretty frosty but looks kinda fluffy as of now???
CAM00192_1_.jpg
CAM00193_1_.jpg
CAM00194_1_.jpg
CAM00195_1_.jpg
CAM00199_1_.jpg
CAM00198_1_.jpg
CAM00196_1_.jpg
CAM00197_1_.jpg

Hey Lucky,

Flowering skunk looks great!....you're in that 8-14 day zone then when you can choose when to take the buds, so there's still time for further filling.

The CFL may not be enough....I guess I've never grown in doors, but it seems to be the concensus that CFL may not produce the density unless there's high enough density of bulbs!

..."Lighting= CFL 2700k 600 watts pushing 11,400 lumens" ok so there's multiple ways to look at this.

The Basics Of Plant Lighting - this guide say 65w per square metre. Other things I've read say minimum 8000 lumen per square foot. It's hard to calculate that one.

The more the merrier! Which is for the most part true.

Clones....there's a major difference in the moisture of the surface of those pots....and looks to me like your mix might be a little hydrophobic..doesn't absorb water, or rather repels water. .my reasoning being the wash or residue up the sides of the pots, the water hasn't been soaking in to at least some of them, and the pot has been filling, then draining through...you might have dry spots around the clones, inconsistent watering? or the mix...did you wash the 'silt' out of the mix....just observations not judgements...we all have lives to live....and I can see they're only small cups n all.

Were the clones taken from 'in flower'? I still can't help you with that. Sorry. Just ramblin'...someone will be along soon who's more help I'm sure....

three words
DYI Bubble Cloner :thumb:

edit damn i swear i type dyslexically lol
DIY

three words
DYI Bubble Cloner :thumb:

edit damn i swear i type dyslexically lol
DIY

Lol it's funny cause brain auto crooected it, I actually had to look again to notice it...

I'm goin to try something different next time but yes they were taken from in flower...she had just started to show white hairs up top so I took some clones as my last batch was successful with the same method, but they ended up male when I switched to 12/12 :(

I was just really hoping to get at least one guaranteed female ya know...my seedling is out of a bag

I'm probably going to re veg after harvest and try cloning some more??? Any thoughts on that?

Oh and I'm waiting on my microscope to get here today so I can pick em as they become ripe ;)

You're keen then Lucky?! (microscope)

I did the same thing with the DYI didn't even notice. :)

I understand where you're going with the female, I'll be doing the same thing shortly.

re-veg check out BAR's journal New City Grower 2.0

this blokes knows his stuff on that, infact is a really good grower with experience in multiple area's, he's been through to second reveg successfully on several plants. From page one you get info on 'Laverne' a reveg lady.

Good day lucky...

He manages to kill a lot of seedlings and clones too :) ROFL :)

Back
Top Bottom