1st timer over here - help me out please

It's been 5 months already lol

I'm new to Mary Jane cultivating. I started my current plant 4 weeks ago, could I get some feedback.
image10049.jpg

What's up whodatsmokin! Welcome to 420 Mag! You're in the right place girl.:welcome:

Can we get a little more info on your grow? It looks like you may need more humidity in there but I'm not 100% without more info..

Edit: I looked at your profile...you are not a "brother" lol

Lol thanks Lucky! The humidity in my grow room reads 48%. I used an organic soil mix with blood meal. And I'm using a 125w cfl reflector with 6500k. Also have 4 6500kelvin bulbs surrounding. They are 100w replacement using only 26w. Here's a pic of my grow room so far..
image10050.jpg

Good lookin seedling ;) n that's what I figured, veg plants need a humidity in the mid 50s at the VERY minimum or the leaf edges will begin to look deformed and curl up. Depending on your temp in there I'd suggest a humidifier. I got the cheap one from CVS for like $12. It'll bring your humidity to optimum levels but will raise temp a few degrees.

Try and mist them a few times per day until you can get that humidity around 60 for veg 48% is perfect for flower and drying though

Good lookin seedling ;) n that's what I figured, veg plants need a humidity in the mid 50s at the VERY minimum or the leaf edges will begin to look deformed and curl up. Depending on your temp in there I'd suggest a humidifier. I got the cheap one from CVS for like $12. It'll bring your humidity to optimum levels but will raise temp a few degrees.

Try and mist them a few times per day until you can get that humidity around 60 for veg 48% is perfect for flower and drying though

Oh okay I gotchu. My grow room temperature is usually between 75-80 degrees but I'll definitely purchase a humidifier and mist my plants cause I have yet to do so. I just water them normally every other day. Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it! :)

No problem! That's what we're all here for ;) just spread your knowledge and experience when the opportunity presents itself to you :Namaste:

Ok sooo, the fact that it's my first grow has presented itself in many ways over the course of the grow.

My latest adventure- A dense main cola that took the whole plant down to the ground when I fed her this morning :(

I noticed she was leaning a little more than usual so I went to tie her up and down she went, I tried to save it but I needed 3 more arms and my gf wouldn't get out of bed...grr....I had to chop the top to save the rest of the plant. My trichs are still like 90% clear so I didn't want to pull the whole thing.

I'll post pics this afternoon of the before, just stay tuned for the afters ;)

Ok sooo, the fact that it's my first grow has presented itself in many ways over the course of the grow.

My latest adventure- A dense main cola that took the whole plant down to the ground when I fed her this morning :(

I noticed she was leaning a little more than usual so I went to tie her up and down she went, I tried to save it but I needed 3 more arms and my gf wouldn't get out of bed...grr....I had to chop the top to save the rest of the plant. My trichs are still like 90% clear so I didn't want to pull the whole thing.

Dang! That sucks dude.. Hope everything turns out well!

Anyways.. I gotta problem of my own. I have 4 plants and they all got germinated at the same time 3 1/2 weeks ago. Two of em look real nice but these other two are still small like they're not growing anymore. I checked the pH and they are at 7. Should they be a lil more acidic? Here's pics
image10148.jpg
image10147.jpg

Yeahh I'm super bummed, now I'm worried about the rest of it goin hermie on me...

Try and get your ph to 6.5..a few of the micro nutrients are locked out at 7 and slows growth a little in the beginning and will show more sickly signs later in veg..

Cloning is never a easy thing. Trick is to get them to sprout roots before they use up themselves and dry out. I personally like the aero cloners and you can build them easily to whatever size you want from 10 to 200 clones. When I take clones after transplant from the cloner I only give them a little liquid seaweed and small amount of fish emulsion in a spray foliar feed. As far as your flowering plant I use guano teas I make up and can adjust as the plant needs. Once you hit your last two weeks I flush them good with PH 6.3 water then feed with Black Strap Molasses at a rate of 1 teaspoon per gallon of PH 6.3 water for second to last week and plain PH 6.3 water for the final week. Make sure to check out some curing process's as well for after harvest. It is the difference between quality or hay.

Cloning is never a easy thing. Trick is to get them to sprout roots before they use up themselves and dry out. I personally like the aero cloners and you can build them easily to whatever size you want from 10 to 200 clones. When I take clones after transplant from the cloner I only give them a little liquid seaweed and small amount of fish emulsion in a spray foliar feed. As far as your flowering plant I use guano teas I make up and can adjust as the plant needs. Once you hit your last two weeks I flush them good with PH 6.3 water then feed with Black Strap Molasses at a rate of 1 teaspoon per gallon of PH 6.3 water for second to last week and plain PH 6.3 water for the final week. Make sure to check out some curing process's as well for after harvest. It is the difference between quality or hay.

This is good info at almost perfect timing lol. I just picked up some Grandmas molasses, unsulphered of course, and my Trainwreck is about ready to clone. Hopefully it's a she cause my first run was a lot of learning as I go...

Whats up guys n gals! Sorry for goin AWOL. I did a lot of rearranging and gardening lately ;)

Round 1 resulted in about 1/2 oz. of premature fluffy mostly hairy nugs. The smell and taste is amazing aside from the slight after taste of the nutes. The next go around should be spot on.

Currently I have 3 high grade strains( Trainwreck, G-13, and my unnamed ? seed) I was able to get 2 very nice clones from my first plant which I though was skunk but once dried and cured smells like berries but tastes like Christmas with a bit of a pine taste to it, which brings me back to when I was younger and a friends dad grew some piney Christmas buds...mmmm...

I'm waiting for my HPS/MH set to come tomorrow and I will be posting a complete and organized "journal" of my more knowledgeable grow. :Namaste:
CAM00226_1_.jpg
CAM00227_1_.jpg
CAM00227_1_.jpg
CAM00228_1_.jpg
CAM00229_1_.jpg
CAM00230_1_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom