2nd Grow, Autos

Thanks Babble for the input.. Im not panicing or anything, im sure they will bud at some point.. Im just a tad impatient as the cost here per gram is 25euros, pure rip off! cheers for the all the help guys :):)

Ouch. But some places here are charging about that same price too, it depends where you go I guess.. And the quality makes a difference too.

But it's still better than prescription pills with side effects, always remind yourself of that :Namaste:

Ouch. But some places here are charging about that same price too, it depends where you go I guess.. And the quality makes a difference too.

But it's still better than prescription pills with side effects, always remind yourself of that :Namaste:

Thats very veyr true buddy, and if im honest, my dealer has been getting Amnesia haze this past 1 - 2 years and its really dam nice.. Hard hitting and taste is a dream, nugs really dence. But since I lost my part time job its been to hard to keep up with the cost of living in rip off Ireland, and enjoy my smoke they way I want to.. Havnt had a smoke now in 4 days, and I am finding it really hard to sleep at nte. kinda sucks!

Bit of an update for ya folks. The 3 of them have started to flower in the last week or so. Its defo been obvious the ak x kush is growing much better than the other 2. That much is ddefo obvious. I think they maireason for this is the wormcasting organic soil I have been growing her in. The other 2 are in compsot soil, which I dont think are doing just quite as good. Another thing I have noticed is how differently they are responding to prunning. The ak x kush will just keep on throwing flowers after I prune, but the other 2 have really slowed down. Im wondering now have I over done the prunning with them 2, what yous think? The only reason I was prunning so much was to allow more air movement around the soil, it was taking almost a week for the soil to get dryish for another watering, but since I was removing carefully selected leaves, it seemed to help the soil dry out a little more. IDK, im just saying what I am observing, give me your thoughts. Ive just gave the ak x kush its first bloom organic feed yesterday, as the soil was dry and ready for more, but the other 2 (which have started to show the catalysts) are still pretty damp after 1 week! Is this a bit long for the soil drying out? Im just curious, should I go ahead and water them with bloom feed, or wait another few days and let soil to dry out more? This picture is of the 3 of them, you can clearly see the ak x kush bacl/left is outperforming the other 2, but I wonder how the other 2 would be doing if id also planted them in worm casting compsot.
07042015626.jpg

Thsi is a close up of the Blue Amnesia, think I over pruned?
07042015635.jpg

Close up of cheese.
07042015631.jpg

This is the ak x kush, really happy how this lady is going :)
07042015629.jpg

Sorry folks, my bad. I think dat 2nd pic is the same of the first one.

The defoliation you did looks fine. Plenty of leaves left for her to use. But. being an Auto, if the pruning caused any stress, you will see a slow/stop in growth. Or other issues could cause stress that cause the same problem.

Personally, I think 5-7 days is a good length of time for soil to hold moisture. If 7 days is too long for you, before the next grow, mix in some more perlite. That will increase drainage. Drilling small holes all around the pots can also increase the rate at which the soil dries, and also help introduce more oxygen to the root zone.

The higher organic content a soil has (like compost and worm castings) the longer it will hold water.

Let it dry out before watering. You can also water with a little less water for each watering, forget that runoff bullshit for every watering. If you use salt-based nutes, you'll want to flush periodically, once in Veg, and once before Flower worked for me. After that, I would just moisten the soil, with zero runoff.

Cheers buddy, very helpful info thankyou. Hopefully as my experience grows and get a little extra cash for some other things my grows will be a little bit more exciting :) Having checked again today the pots seem a little lighter than yesterday, and a little dryer! So I think il just water with pure sparkling water tammara for the flush, and then start feeding the bloom organic feed the next time they are due watering. I didnt think to flush the ak x kush b4 I started to give her the bloom mix, do you think would it matter if I gave her a flush next time she due? or just contuine giving her bloom? what would be the impact if I just kept feeding her blooom now? thanks in advance.

I upgraded a little bit each grow, there's absolutely no problem with slowly improving :thumb:

You can give the AK x Kush a little flush next time around, and then resume normal feeding, that shouldn't be a problem. I did a flush a few weeks into flower before with no problems. The basic idea behind the flush is to either remove large quantities of nutes from a nute burn issue, or to clean out any salts in the soil from nutrients.

You can keep giving her bloom, and harvest as normal. What I learned was that the flush removed excess salts in the soil, and built up on the roots, which allowed more nutrient uptake for flower. I don't know how much truth there is to it, but it seems to make sense to me so I gave it a shot :)

Yeah il flush ak x kush next time around then, thanks. I gave the other 2 their flush yesterday. Give them sparkling water which I heard many growers saying its good for getting oxygen to the rotos when growing with soil. Have seen bit of a increse in size of the white hairs since yesterday. Its an exciting time to see the little improvemenet each day :) The next piece I need is defo a oscillating fan.

Sorry for the delay on updates, was trying to hold out till I get a new phone with decent camera. This is the Blue amnesia, it has produced a decent amount of trichomes, but the buds are not to dense I have to admit. Im wondering why there hasnt been bigger bud develpoment.. Kinda hard to know tho, when im growing practially blind with no meters to check PH, N-P-K ETC... but the smell of it, YIKES! such a fkn tease it is, having them budding like this and just waiting and waiting.. These autos have been going for almost 90 days now, seems very long for auto flowering plants, but they are getting there. Im getting new phone with better camera next week for more detailed photos.

02052015712.jpg

This is the plant im most excited about in this grow. AK X KUSH, it has out performed the other 2 of many different aspects. Responds well to trimming, far more growth down the stems(unlike the others) bigger more devoloped secondary stems produced from the 1st stems, and far more pistils have been produced all donw the stems compard to the other 2. The smell of this plant is so fruity. What im really missing is a magnafiying glass to look at trics, I have no idea how many have turned amber on these plants. I swear im not starting another grow till I have a few of the eessentials. Any thoughts peeps?
02052015720.jpg

Hey Bapple, thanks for the comment. Yeah ive been busy with my horticulture course lately, just sat 7 exams in 2 weekss.. My tutor already informed me I got 98% in soil science,well please with that, but its a level 5, so hopefully I get over 400 points to go to uni and futher my studies at degree level :) My camera is so crap, thats why I havent posted as much, tho I have been keeping a keen eye on ur grow and antics to follows the seasoned pros :) Your plants look so healthy, lovely green colour to them. I love the long blades of sativas, such a pretty plant lol I just need to get some cash behind me so I can buy a few of the meters for measuring and that, after all, its hard to tell whats going on with my plant or the soil when I aint got shit to test with lol Because I hadnt got any(fans) air movement was poor in my closet, I was doing it manually! BUt when I wasnt about Id noticed lots of wet patched where leaves would sit on top of each other, as a result I got some type of wee fungs going on with 2 of the plants. De were wee brown dust spots, that would show on the top and underside of the leaves, as I have learned that spraying your crops with pesticide is not the way to going, I decided to limit the damage by cutting out infected leaves. This is one method of slowing down fungus without spraying, so decided to try it. The results were good if im honest, the fungus stopped spreading at the rate it was, either know my wee cheese plant now looks a bit bare, she is still producing pistils like crazy! I was very tempted to use a organinc fugicide mixture we learned at college. Its called bordeaux mixture. Its consists of blue stone, sulphre and water ( 1 - 1 - 100 ratio ) we tried it at college with amazing results. The history behind how it was discoverd is very interesting if ya in ta thehistory of stuff.

Thank you for your kind compliments? :thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

I am always interested in new information G!

Just be careful with pesticides and fungicides, you are going to smoke/eat that stuff....carcinogens hide in all sorts of unexpected dark corners.

Good luck with your studies, one can never have too many qualifications especially in today's world.

OH i HEAR YA.. In the short time of studying horticulture, it is clear that pesticide chemicals stay on the crops. But the thing about bordeaux mixture is, its an accepted naturel organic funicide spray. It was discovered around the time of the great french vine blight ( which was actually caused by a tiny wee aphid (I should, but cant remeber his name lol). Turned out the farmers accidentally stumbled across this organic pesticide mixture. People would eat the grapes as they walked along the road back in the day and, to discourage people from eating the grapes, they sprayed this mixture of bluestone/sulphare/wate on their grapes, which would turn peoples mouths blue lol, so they no longer would eat the grapes. But then they noticed the grapes they were spraying along the roadside, were for some reason not being affected by the fungus spores any more, turned out it was down to what they were spraying. We made and tried it, and it did work, I just was a little afriad of spraying it on my buds tho be honest. We have been taught to use chemicals as a last resort. I found cutting out the affected leaves worked this time. Cheers for feedback and commets all the same :thumb:

Thanks Bapple, you to. For some reason this photo didnt upload as quick. This is the 3 rd plant ive on the go, and the one that was most affected by the fungus outbreak. She is well trimmed, but looking ok and smelling nice. Decided to throw Homer into the photo for good luck
03052015721.jpg

Ah thanks buddy, im getting a new phone in comming days, so hopefully will be able to get better close up shots then, also really need one of those loops to see trichs up close, im kinda harvesting the blue Amnesia blind which is obv not ideal. Most of the white pistils have turned amber to orange, but they all still havnt all swelled out yet. I also noticed the buds at the top half are bit more developed than one underneeth, should I wait till they all fill out bit more? wot you think?

Back
Top Bottom