How much do i feed in veg?

driver83

hi everybody i have started my grow i have :yummy:6 white russain 10 super lemon haze 1 super silver cheese 1 special k and 1 G13 haze which has'ent popped out the soil yet as for the others they are 1 week today. i,ve got bio bizz grow & bloom voodoo juice big bud etc for nutes but how much do i feed them? they are in 11L square pots under a 400MH & 250 blue cfl so growers HELP i know i've got a few for my first grow.:peacetwo: :morenutes::morenutes::thumb::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

I use Cutting Edge Solutions and asked their tech support pretty much the same thing. I have heard of guys doing a schedule like feed, feed, water, repeat, etc,etc

Here is what CES told me:

So the frequency of fertilizing in soil or coco blends depends on a couple of factors, mainly the drainage of your medium, the size of the plant and the hardiness of the plant strain. Typically for smaller plants I would suggest using the rooted cuttings mixture and fertilize every time you water, though you will be watering less in both amount and frequency when the plants are small with less developed root systems. For larger plants, when you are watering more, I would fertilize as much as possible to optimize the overall growth.

If you want to play it safe, you could water with straight water every fourth watering or so. If you want to be more scientific, I would suggest monitoring the ruin-off of your pots and comparing it to the desired ppm level of your reservoir. For example, if your target ppm is 1400, and your run off is coming out at about the same level, keep fertilizing. If your run-off is coming out much higher, say 2000+, then you know that you should back off on the fertilizer until it comes back into range. I wouldn't suggest flushing with straight water ever, it tends to stunt plants a bit, as a general rule, I would suggest watering with a diluted fertilizer mixture, rather than just using plain water.

I hope this helps to get you rolling on the right track. ...Happy Growing!

I use Cutting Edge Solutions and asked their tech support pretty much the same thing. I have heard of guys doing a schedule like feed, feed, water, repeat, etc,etc

Here is what CES told me:

So the frequency of fertilizing in soil or coco blends depends on a couple of factors, mainly the drainage of your medium, the size of the plant and the hardiness of the plant strain. Typically for smaller plants I would suggest using the rooted cuttings mixture and fertilize every time you water, though you will be watering less in both amount and frequency when the plants are small with less developed root systems. For larger plants, when you are watering more, I would fertilize as much as possible to optimize the overall growth.

If you want to play it safe, you could water with straight water every fourth watering or so. If you want to be more scientific, I would suggest monitoring the ruin-off of your pots and comparing it to the desired ppm level of your reservoir. For example, if your target ppm is 1400, and your run off is coming out at about the same level, keep fertilizing. If your run-off is coming out much higher, say 2000+, then you know that you should back off on the fertilizer until it comes back into range. I wouldn't suggest flushing with straight water ever, it tends to stunt plants a bit, as a general rule, I would suggest watering with a diluted fertilizer mixture, rather than just using plain water.

I hope this helps to get you rolling on the right track. ...Happy Growing!

Thanks bud :thumb:for the reply i really messed up the other day by misting them with ph 2.2 water that i did not take reading ov before misting but i sure did when next day i saw bronze spots on the leaves! im giving ph 6.5 bottled still water because i dont want to make that same mistake again lol.:surf:

grow_557.jpg

to driver 83:
How did you get your plants so big in 2 weeks? I think I started veg to quick but still jus using water. I used advanced sunshine #4 for my medium. I tried feeding them the other day for 1st time and it looks like its burning one plant so Im think Im jus going to stick with water til they get bigger. I think the soil I got has the nurts to cover them for 6 wks. But i keep my water at ph6.0 and my mist bottle too. I've been misting them about 4 times a day being under the 400HM. Ant tips would be helpful looks like your doing a great job. This is my first round so I am counting on trial and error lol

Back
Top Bottom