Organic Grow - BC God Bud - Gods Gift - Blackberry Kush

I like a RH of 72%.....NEVER seen mold and used that RH for years....

I've left buds in jars at that RH for months at a time without opening.....still no mold...
GG7 uses the same if I am correct.
:peace:GT

That's interesting, I did a ton or research on curing and storing because I didn't want to screw up my harvest that I worked so hard for, and the vast majority of what I could find was along the lines I posted.

You have a lot more experience than I do GT, and I trust what you're saying, but mold will grow quite well at +70% RH if there are spores present, so I think I'll continue to err on the side of caution.

:Namaste:

Very nice weed Aston...:bravo: Sure wish I could smoke some. :tokin:

Yesterday marks my 30 days of sobriety.. :helpsmilie:

I am about to be in your shoes bro, I am about to go on a THC break after thanksgiving..... I do that on a regular basis but it is well worth it when it is over and 2 bong hits makes me space out for a few hours :)

the vast majority of what I could find was along the lines I posted.

You have a lot more experience than I do GT, and I trust what you're saying, but mold will grow quite well at +70% RH if there are spores present, so I think I'll continue to err on the side of caution.

Yeah most research reveals the ranges you described. I let my buds dry VERY slowly before jarring when possible. I like it to take atleast 10 days to get to the point of pre-curing, which is the burp stage in jarring. This slow dry helps to shorten the burping stage because the buds are more uniformly dry, so once in the jars the H doesn't fluctuate near as much. No wet spots = No mold. My pops always called this "Sweat Curing" or sweating the buds. Gives it a very strong smell and taste....
I'm not saying the other way is wrong, just that it's not entirely correct, and there are other methods of curing. Take water curing for example. Now thats what, 100% H, lol. And it can remove spores.
GT:Namaste:

well harvest time has now came and gone!!! I have already had them drying and they have gone into the curing jars now, they were harvested on 17th and went into curing on the 21st. I took a small amount of the BCGB and packed it into the pipe for a lil sample!!! my god I can't wait for the cure to be over with!!! it tasted so good already, it still had that fresh plant taste to it, but the hint of sweetness to it as well!!! I'll have final pix up soon!!!

:peacetwo:

Hey Folks,

Sorry for being a ghost, I have just been hibernating after the big Turkey feast...:morenutes:

As for the 70% relative humidity
This had been recommended from some long term growers such as Golden Goose and others. According to them this level was the perfect blend to keep the smoke mold free and still fresh. I'm glad to hear GodsTrichome can vouch for that as well. This is one advantage to growing your own cannabis. Many dispensaries have very strict regulations to keep humidy in their product very low. In fact one of the largest dispensaries in my area require a 16 percent range. Then when you have hundreds of people continually asking them to open their jars to examine it, the 16 percent drops even lower. This is one reason why I hated buying from dispensaries. The product was always very dry. But so far I have used the 70 percent humidipaks since harvest and see no signs of mold. If anyone has any facts showing adverse affects from this being to high, I would love to hear from them. I do keep my jars in a cool dark place.

Blue Planet:
I admire you for voluntarily going clean. I think I would have a harder time doing that then being forced to. :biglaugh: But lowering your tolerance does sound like a motivating factor too. :) That will surely be a benefit for me when I go back to smoking. I have already planned my location too. I am going to head over to Santa Cruz for my re-initiation back to smoking... :biglaugh:

Aston
So harvest is all done eyyyy.. Now what are you going to do?
Wait!! I don't want to hear about your stories now of you just sitting back and enjoying your fruits of your labor.. (Since I can't be by your side doing it with you that is)...hahah

As for the 70% relative humidity
This had been recommended from some long term growers such as Golden Goose and others. According to them this level was the perfect blend to keep the smoke mold free and still fresh. I'm glad to hear GodsTrichome can vouch for that as well. This is one advantage to growing your own cannabis. Many dispensaries have very strict regulations to keep humidy in their product very low. In fact one of the largest dispensaries in my area require a 16 percent range. Then when you have hundreds of people continually asking them to open their jars to examine it, the 16 percent drops even lower. This is one reason why I hated buying from dispensaries. The product was always very dry. But so far I have used the 70 percent humidipaks since harvest and see no signs of mold. If anyone has any facts showing adverse affects from this being to high, I would love to hear from them. I do keep my jars in a cool dark place.

No worries brother, I was just trying to look out! It's all good if you've never had a problem with mold. I personally keep mine long term at 55-60% and I try to get it there as slowly as I can without mold, obviously temps are important too. 16% is ridiculous though, I wouldn't want to smoke that either... I guess the up side is at least know you're not paying for water weight!

I also have a custom-made cigar armoire with a digital climate controller that I paid big $$$$ for, that's kept at 70%. Over the years I've noticed if I put "off-brand" (read: not very good) cigars in there, they can develop mold. Seems to depend on wether or not there are spores already present, but thats just an observation, and a guess on my part.

Hey Frat,

I do appreciate your comment.
It never hurts to err on the side of caution and play it safe.
Just because many have not exibited any mold with 70% doesn't mean under the right conditions (i.e) already existing mold spores for example :) couldn't cause a spread to occur. If this spread or manifestation can be reduced or eliminated by dropping the humidity pack level a few percent than I am all for it.

I wonder if they make 55-60% dehumidifier paks. If so, I will consider them for the future.

No worries brother, I was just trying to look out! It's all good if you've never had a problem with mold. I personally keep mine long term at 55-60% and I try to get it there as slowly as I can without mold, obviously temps are important too. 16% is ridiculous though, I wouldn't want to smoke that either... I guess the up side is at least know you're not paying for water weight!

I also have a custom-made cigar armoire with a digital climate controller that I paid big $$$$ for, that's kept at 70%. Over the years I've noticed if I put "off-brand" (read: not very good) cigars in there, they can develop mold. Seems to depend on wether or not there are spores already present, but thats just an observation, and a guess on my part.

My Cannabis card renewal is up next month. :thedoubletake:
I think I got ripped off on last years membership, I paid 150.00 bucks. :hmmmm:

Well it was my first card and I guess I rushed into it before researching.
Now after researching I am finding places here in my area that will renew from 20-50 bucks. Once I find one of those I will call my previous doctor to see if they will match the price otherwise I will not be returning back there.

What do you guys pay? (if you don't mind me asking)

It doesn't appear that is the way it is now...
Here is an exerpt from a different popular doctor in my area...

SPECIAL: Winter Holiday Special
- $39 Renewal
- $49 New Patient
- $170 Higher Limit Exemption

For what I paid I could have almost gotten the higher growing limit exemption...
Point being...it sure pays to research. I got robbed.

First timers get hit with that double wammie, then it's about half..

It's kind of ironic that you can drink all you want, but with employer drug tests you can't burn a little 420... It seems that alcohol can be much more counter productive in a workplace than a little weed... Plus look at all the alcoholics and people hurt while driving intoxicated.. I guess I am preaching to the choir. :biglaugh: Not like you light up before work.. Well many do, but that is besides the point.. haha..

Any of you guys own a skillet attachment for your bong? I have been wanting to pick up one of those so I can do some oils. I hear they work pretty good. The spoon I understand is titanium and you can heat the hell out of it then just drop your kief or oils on it and smoke away.

lol, high on the good weed you are....passin that doobie, you must...

on the drug tests, i just lost my job too... check out my last few pages in my ongoing journal for details...

aston must be so stoned off that God Bud he forgot how to get back here....
maybe forgot totally??
LOL
gt

sorry guys, I forgot to come over to this journal and let you all in on the situation... I have to send this from my droid, my computer crashed again, and I am having to go to the library now to do my school work, I hate it cus I already went there and forgot my flash drive at home!!! anyways, bare with me while I work on the computer problem, its just that this website takes a while to load on my phone, it kind of discouraging to be on here, can't see the photos cus it takes at least 4 minutes to load the page, the link from my mail takes me 5 pages behind the current posts...

stay wit me guys, im trying to get my computer back up and running again!!!

:peacetwo:

Hey GT,
Sorry to hear of your job loss. :straightface:
It seems to be contagious in this bad time.
It is a catch-22 though. You lose your job and you want to smoke more weed to overcome the depression of losing your job. But, because of the drug tests you are affraid to cause you won't be able to get a new one. :rolleyes3:

Yeah that is hillarious about Aston :biglaugh:
Last I heard from him is that his harvest was done.
That must mean he has been lost in a pile of God Bud.. buah ha ha ha :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
But that is ok, I will just continue to talk to myself here in his journal...haha

lol, high on the good weed you are....passin that doobie, you must...

on the drug tests, i just lost my job too... check out my last few pages in my ongoing journal for details...

aston must be so stoned off that God Bud he forgot how to get back here....
maybe forgot totally??
LOL
gt

Back
Top Bottom