2nd Guerilla Mountain Grow - Shoreline - The Devil's Harvest Seeds

DutchGrower420

Here we are again! The preparations for our 2nd Guerilla Mountain Grow are in full swing! We've really learned a lot from our first endeavor. The most important being that one needs early flowering ladies here in the Alps. Otherwise the early snowfall kicks you in the butt after all your hard work. So I contacted my good friends at The Devil's Harvest Seeds and asked them for a feminized strain that would do well here. So without further ado...... the strain for this year is......

Shoreline by The Devil's Harvest Seeds

• Geminated by Wet-Paper Towel Method
  • When sprouted, planted in Coco-Tabs and transferred into the propagators
  • I use 'Plagron Start Up' in a very light dosage as a natural fertilizer and root stimulator

Here are some first pictures. I'll keep this topic updated as we go!

13069655.jpg

13069672.jpg

13069666.jpg

13069678.jpg

13069681.jpg

13069682.jpg

Last year digging holes for plants up here in the mountains proved to be near impossible. So for this year we have decided to plant our lady’s into potting soil bags. Because summer came so late and the growing season will only be short we have decided yesterday that we will plant 2 plants per 50 liter potting soil. There’s simply not enough time in the season for them to get huge anyway, so why bother with carrying up more bags than necessary.

The bags are white, which will repel the sun. We will poke drainage holes in the bottom and cut out a large section of the top so that rain can get to the soil easily. And we will of course camouflage the bags with grass etc. , but the grass grows so fast here that nature will take care of the camouflaging for us within a week or so.

I know they won’t get to be huge with 25 liters of soil per plant, but decent enough.

13313918.jpg

Just ordered all the stuff we will need for the season:

• 12 bags of Plagron Grow Mix
  • Plagron Algra Grow
  • Plagron Alga Bloom
  • Plagron Green Sensation
  • Plagron Sugar Royal
  • Plagron Pure Enzyme
  • Bio Anti Bug Spray
Will be picking it up this week and then we can slowly start planning the planting :)

Started them on Enzymes & Sugar Royal today. Spayed for bugs yesterday. They are still going nicely. Will have new picture update of the plants tomorrow.

13370276.jpg

13370278.jpg

Well today we planted the 1st batch of twelve ladies. Was real hard-core carrying all the stuff up the mountain. But we managed it after a decent spliff or two :)

The growing bags have been thoroughly disguised / camouflaged with spray cans. And I think the end result is pretty decent. Mother nature will do the rest of the camouflaging for us.

In the next days we will go up another mountain to plant the remaining 12 ladies.

13432578.jpg

13432540.jpg

13432543.jpg

13432547.jpg

13432548.jpg

Today I planted the 2nd batch of 12 ladies. Had to do it in the evening and just noticed on the picture that I missed some spots with the spray cans because the daylight was fading fast and I couldn't really see what I was doing all that well. I'll just touch it up next time I'm up there.

All 24 ladies have been planted now, so let's hope for an awesome summer with lots and lots of sun!

Will go back to the spots almost every week and will take pictures every time to post here. So keep checking this topic!

Today I went up to both spots for the finishing touches.

At Spot 1 I touched up the areas on the growing bags that I missed last night with the spray cans.

As a Deer repellent I have a number of things now:

• The smell from the spray cans.
  • The smell from the dog and cat hair I scattered around.
  • I placed half a bar of fresh smelling soap at the corner of each bag to ‘add a human scent’.
  • The smell of my dog that lies and walks around whenever I’m working on the spots.
As insect repellent I have:

• Anti snail pellets scattered around the growing bags.
  • Anti insect pellets scattered around the growing bags.
  • I will spray them with anti insect spray every 2 weeks till flowering.
I’ve fertilized the ground round the growing bags with Bird Guano to make sure the grass grows quickly and lusciously on the spots and camouflages the bags further.

At spot 1 I’ve also sowed grass seeds between the growing bags because the many snow we’ve had over the winter apparently killed off much of the grass that was there last year.

Am completely done now and very satisfied with the result. Tired as hell now. Were many trips up the mountain in a few short days and wasn’t trained all that well :)

Until the next update!

Back
Top Bottom