420 Canuck Seeds Cr8grow Grandaddy Bruce Comparative Grow Party

IMG_4031.jpeg
IMG_4030.jpeg
IMG_4029.jpeg
IMG_4028.jpeg
Friday 1/12, day 10 veg
Pots still heavy low…going from solos to 5 gallon pots takes watering attention. Pots are getting lighter so tap roots are drinking. Not ready yet for the next deep water/nutes. Watered lightly tonight again for upper root health including rim roots. PH 6.5 1 quart each with light 1 ml veg nutes, 1 ml cal-mag, Superthrive, top dress worm castings and Terp Tea. I raised the light 1 inch and increased from 80% to 100%. All looking good, ready for topping and training start this weekend. Big snow storm coming to the West coast of Michigan tonight through the weekend, then lake effect all next week…with arctic blast. We are stocked up. Cheers
Looks amazing! Have you considered lowering your light a bit instead of using 100% intensity? Save a few bucks on your electricity bill. Or do you need the height for light spread?

Looks amazing! Have you considered lowering your light a bit instead of using 100% intensity? Save a few bucks on your electricity bill. Or do you need the height for light spread?
I don’t know, going off manufacturer’s recommendations. I typically run a CMH315 which is amazing…but a heat beast in my 3’x3’ plywood cabinet. Some strains no issue, but most ended up with heat stress late flower. The new LED light is giving me exactly the temps I wanted and it is full spectrum. I did two grows with another LED sent to me by a sponsor, but went back to the CMH315. The light is 250 watts at the plug. Bud size and quality will tell. Cheers

IMG_4043.jpeg
IMG_4042.jpeg
IMG_4041.jpeg
Monday 1/15 day 13 veg (after about 2 weeks seedling stage)
I had to go back and align my grow journal handwritten notes with my 420 grow updates…surprise there were corrections needed. Another shallow watering today, 1 quart each. Water PH 6.4%, cal-mag, Superthrive, and change up with organic fish/kelp emulsion. All looking good, filling out. Next water in a few days should be first full organic veg nutes deep water 1/2 gallon each. Busy week at work, cold, snowy and dark here. I need to get busy on training soon. I’m slowly finding the other Canuck Seeds 420 comparative grows, seeing good things so far. These plants reek already…not a bad thing. Probably another 2-3 weeks veg depending on how unruly they may or not get. A couple pics today. @canuckseeds they are taking off…thanks again for the seeds. Cheers

IMG_4048.jpeg
IMG_4047.jpeg
IMG_4045.jpeg
Day 15 veg (week 3 day 1). First pass LST today, 8 branches each ♣️ and ♠️, four branches each on the smaller ♥️ and ♦️for now. I reuse soft plant ties on twist tie to avoid lopping off young shoots if the twist tie sharp edge nicks the stem. I’ve lost a couple main bud sites and came up with this fix. No plant health or pest issues at this point. Seeing many diverse Canuck Seeds 420 comparative grows. Pics before and after LST start today. Thanks for stopping by. Cheers

IMG_4043.jpeg
IMG_4042.jpeg
IMG_4041.jpeg
Monday 1/15 day 13 veg (after about 2 weeks seedling stage)
I had to go back and align my grow journal handwritten notes with my 420 grow updates…surprise there were corrections needed. Another shallow watering today, 1 quart each. Water PH 6.4%, cal-mag, Superthrive, and change up with organic fish/kelp emulsion. All looking good, filling out. Next water in a few days should be first full organic veg nutes deep water 1/2 gallon each. Busy week at work, cold, snowy and dark here. I need to get busy on training soon. I’m slowly finding the other Canuck Seeds 420 comparative grows, seeing good things so far. These plants reek already…not a bad thing. Probably another 2-3 weeks veg depending on how unruly they may or not get. A couple pics today. @canuckseeds they are taking off…thanks again for the seeds. Cheers
Mine are starting to get a little odorous too, Yours are looking like they’re off to a great start 👍. CL🍀

Day 17 veg. Bottom of the pots on the smaller ♥️ and ♦️still a bit heavy from the initial deep water/nutes back on seedling transplant day January 3rd. I believe the next water in a few days will be full veg nutes until runoff for all four. I noticed first pistils today on ♦️. I topped all day 13 veg and see my first FIM goof on ♦️. I don’t know if the plant is telling me she is ready to flip anytime or I messed up. My seedlings were on 24/7 in solos for about two weeks. It did occur to me going to 18/6 at transplant could be perceived as the flip. I think they are just early eager pistils, but open to feedback. Pics from today. Cheers

IMG_4056.jpeg
IMG_4054.jpeg
IMG_4053.jpeg
IMG_4052.jpeg

Day 17 veg. Bottom of the pots on the smaller ♥️ and ♦️still a bit heavy from the initial deep water/nutes back on seedling transplant day January 3rd. I believe the next water in a few days will be full veg nutes until runoff for all four. I noticed first pistils today on ♦️. I topped all day 13 veg and see my first FIM goof on ♦️. I don’t know if the plant is telling me she is ready to flip anytime or I messed up. My seedlings were on 24/7 in solos for about two weeks. It did occur to me going to 18/6 at transplant could be perceived as the flip. I think they are just early eager pistils, but open to feedback. Pics from today. Cheers

IMG_4056.jpeg
IMG_4054.jpeg
IMG_4053.jpeg
IMG_4052.jpeg
The only thing I can think of is topping a higher on the stem.
Maby not on autos but bigger plants can pull apart / split.
Looks bushy and happy.
Hope your doing well. :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

IMG_4067.jpeg
IMG_4066.jpeg
IMG_4064.jpeg
IMG_4062.jpeg
Day 19 veg Canuck Seeds 420 Grandaddy Bruce comparative grow. 5 Gallon pots today light down low, the right heft. I did a deep water to runoff with full nutes. 1/2 gallon each PH 6.5 with organic veg nutes, cal-mag, and Superthrive. Plants are lush to quote an observer today. The phenos are similar so far. With four plants I usually have at least one or two variations. The two younger plants have caught up…will be a nice canopy. Noted minor yellowing on a couple upper tips…I will continue push veg nutes until flip. I raised the light an inch. More LST and low trim in a couple days when I have some time. Noticeable smell but not yet overpowering yet. A little stormy on the third coast today. Cheers

Mine are starting to get a little odorous too, Yours are looking like they’re off to a great start 👍. CL🍀
CL, I’m attempting to get a second grow off my 4” carbon filter. Just 3 weeks into veg and I’m getting a scent outside of my cabinet. Pretty sure I need to get a replacement soon. I think this grow will get real stinky. Cheers

IMG_4072.jpeg
IMG_4071.jpeg
IMG_4070.jpeg
IMG_4069.jpeg
Day 21, end of veg week 3 Canuck Seeds 420 Grandaddy Bruce comparative grow. Trimmed old fans low and any leaves touching the soil today. Also did another round of LST adding more ties to the two smaller plants and adjusting all further out on each branch tip. I’m training for 10 main bud sites each. I pulled one of the two upper topped bud sites to the side a bit. The other will grow upward in the center. I had to raise the lights again. I will begin to trim side branches low in a couple days to reduce larf and focus energy on the bigger flowers. I would say 1 to 2 weeks more veg before the flip to 12/12. Thanks for stopping by. Cheers

IMG_4090.jpeg
IMG_4089.jpeg
IMG_4088.jpeg
Two days until end of veg week 4: Canuck Seeds 420 Grandaddy Bruce comparative grow. First major trim today including giant fans, inner branches and low leaves. I was surprised the plants needed water after two days. Full water with organic nutes adjusted to 6.5. I adjusted LST restraints to encourage more outward growth before flip. I will probably flip end of veg week 5. I hope to get some robust stretch. Pics today before trim and hours later after water. Looking waterlogged after the drench. Hopefully I didn’t over do the trim today. Go Lions. Cheers

IMG_4090.jpeg
IMG_4089.jpeg
IMG_4088.jpeg
Two days until end of veg week 4: Canuck Seeds 420 Grandaddy Bruce comparative grow. First major trim today including giant fans, inner branches and low leaves. I was surprised the plants needed water after two days. Full water with organic nutes adjusted to 6.5. I adjusted LST restraints to encourage more outward growth before flip. I will probably flip end of veg week 5. I hope to get some robust stretch. Pics today before trim and hours later after water. Looking waterlogged after the drench. Hopefully I didn’t over do the trim today. Go Lions. Cheers
I don’t think you have anything to worry about regarding thinning your plants 🪴. You might have a problem with space before it’s over though. Nice looking ladies Cr. 👍 CL🍀 :thumb: :welldone:

I'm slightly late to the party but I'm pulling up a chair for this. Lookin lush and green so far!! Rock and Roll!! Happy Sunday!! 😎✌️

IMG_4097.jpeg
IMG_4096.jpeg
IMG_4095.jpeg
IMG_4094.jpeg
Canuck Seeds 420 Grandaddy Bruce comparative grow update. 4 weeks veg ends today, considering another week before flip. Plants all doing well after major trim and deep water/nutes two days ago. Temps stable ranging 64F to 78F daytime. Humidity ranging 31% to 49%, influenced by watering. The cabinet is filling out with main bud sites. Thanks for stopping by. Cheers

Scottay, welcome. Sunday was rock and roll indeed until the Lions choked…. The plants are liking their new lower heat LED. Do you have a journal going? Cheers
I do not have a journal goin as it was just made legal in my area. I've been guerrilla growing for many years and just brought it indoors. I was recently broken into and all my stuff got stolen. So I'm starting over. When I get everything done I definitely plan on starting my first official journal. I like the magic mushrooms too!! Fun fun fun. Happy Tuesday friend!! 😎✌️

Back
Top Bottom